How to keep sweat out of your eyes and head cool on the turbo?

Cycling cap with the bill down and fans. Sweat is still streaming down the face but not in the eyes. I also started wearing gloves and sun sleeves. It beats constantly readjusting my towels over the bars and wiping it down. They are also more convenient than using a towel to wipe down the face every 5-10 minutes.

2 Likes

Outdoors I wear a bandanna over my head under my helmet (originally because I could never get helmets small enough to fit before the days of ratchets etc, but I never over heated and it helps keep the helmet clean). When I started training regularly indoors I quickly started folding them over to make a sweat band. Someone else said it above, and I also can’t believe more people don’t use them! And of course a fan.

1 Like

Washclothes and towels.

1 Like

+1 for the gloves. They are the minor wipers, the towel is the major.

On the road, I use a Headsweats under-helmet thing. I have a white one that makes me look as though I had brain surgery recently, but it works.

2 Likes

Yeah, I always wear gloves on the trainer…and it is 100% for moisture management, not comfort. I used to get made fun of a lot back when I went into a training center to ride (The Before Times!), but whatever…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Another +1 for gloves (fingerless, unless it’s really really cold and an easy ride). I tried wrist bands at one point but it wasn’t as effective.

1 Like

Same here. Cheap, tennis headband from Wal-mart.

1 Like

Cheers for the Sweat Gutr lead, I got one and over the last few sessions its been a big improvement :slight_smile:

1 Like