How To Increase Training Consistency, Racing vs. Training, and More – Ask a Cycling Coach 413

This is what ChatGPT had to say:
“Not a voluntary departure” generally refers to a situation where someone is forced to leave a place or position against their will. This phrase is often used in the context of immigration, employment, or other situations where individuals are asked or required to leave without choosing to do so themselves. Examples may include deportation, termination of employment, or eviction from a residence. In these cases, the departure is not voluntary, as the person would have preferred to stay but is compelled to leave due to external factors or circumstances.

In the context of employment, “not a voluntary departure” typically means that an employee did not choose to leave their job by their own free will. Instead, the departure could have been due to reasons such as termination, layoff, or being asked to resign. This phrase indicates that the decision to leave the job was not initiated by the employee but rather by the employer or external circumstances.

4 Likes

I’ve been binging the podcast from the beginning for a few weeks so basically all day I listen to the guys hanging out and talking about their next competition against each other. I’m not going to get all maudlin about the employment situation of people I don’t actually know and I just hope everyone is okay in whatever way they can be.

3 Likes

There needs to be a dedicated thread to Chad leaving. This isn’t just a low level employee leaving. Amber got a thread. Pete got a thread. Yet everything people try to start gets locked, deleted and buried here. Not a fan.

42 Likes

Id be interested to know the circumstances a little more AFAIK Chad had a stake in the company so a little weird hes been asked to leave. If its a redundancy id think a little less of TR. Hope hes ok.

4 Likes

it’s probably unfair to all to have baseless speculation here. who’s to say he’s not encountering a personal situation where he can’t work any longer? there can be all sorts of assumptions and maybe it’s best to not engage

2 Likes

The anticipation is killing me. Thought we might be getting a statement.

2 Likes

Maybe they’ll bring on Dylan Johnson to be head coach.

28 Likes

Maybe, but then I feel like Nate wouldn’t have phrased it like he was fired. Would have been something like “Is stepping away to focus on…” or “Needed to allocate his time to other priorities”

10 Likes

In other words, he would’ve made it clear that he wasn’t sacked.

I think if Nate really wanted to respect everyone involved, then the comment about how it “was not voluntary,” was probably not necessary. Now everyone is assuming the worst of Chad when not all of the facts are being presented.

14 Likes

And just like that, Chad mcneese is no longer the “other Chad”.

53 Likes

All about consistency…

1 Like

Only downhill from here with the podcast. I can’t wait for the weekly hot takes

11 Likes

This is sort of speculation or maybe just a unfounded thought. But I wonder how this will affect TR moving forward, legally speaking. Chad is a founding member isn’t he? And he developed all of the plans and workouts. I’m imagining a Facebook situation sort of. And maybe I’m just thinking of the worst possible situation but if he was let go, I’m curious if there will be any legal recourse.

2 Likes

No, stating up front that Chad’s departure wasn’t voluntary gives all of them, including Chad, cover from the truckload of speculation we’re delivering now. Everybody understands Sorry, we can’t say anything else about it in this scenario. If Nate had been vague, we’d be in exactly the same place but with less clarity and more conspiracy theories.

6 Likes

If his statement wasn’t vague, what was it? I feel like the theories are flying around because he was vague.

6 Likes

This is pretty standard employment stuff, if you call someone’s former company they can tell you the dates of their employment but not the reason for their departure. There could be legal ramifications if Nate said anything else.

9 Likes

Bwahahaha you’re not wrong, but it was less vague than “Chad has left the company and we have no further comment”, which is what I think OP was suggesting:

2 Likes

Same this is pretty devastating. I’m worried / concerned / and baffled by this whole thing. Chads pretty much the brain behind this.

12 Likes

I just hope there’s some kind of intellectual property agreement in place that’s fair to Chad. Whatever happened and however little of his original training plans still remain present, the entire AI and Planbuilder system is built on top of his coaching plans and workout designs. So if he’s not getting a share of profits (since they say they plow all profit back into the company) then he better be getting some kind of royalty percentage out of each of our subs every year. But I guess it will all come down to whatever Nate and Chad agreed in writing in the very beginning regarding whether Chad or TR owned the IP in the plan and workout designs - if Chad assigned it all to TR then I suppose that’s on him.

5 Likes