A Heartfelt Thank You From Amber

Hi everyone,

It’s been a good run here at TrainerRoad, and I want to share with you all that I’ve decided I’m ready for new challenges. Yesterday was my last day at TrainerRoad. I want to thank all of you TR athletes, podcast listeners, and forum contributors for sharing your time and perspectives with me these past few years. I appreciate every question, kind note, and thoughtful comment.

Although technically I was mostly at my desk speaking or typing into a box, you welcomed me into a living conversation with folks all over the world. I feel so grateful for your willingness to share experiences, ask questions, and enthusiastically lean into curiosity, even when I occasionally dove a little too deep into the deep end! :wink:

Thank you for trusting me with your questions and stories.

While I no longer work for TR, I still want to hear from you! Please connect with me on other channels; I’d love to continue sharing my journey with you as I embark on the next chapter.

You can find me on

Instagram,
LinkedIn,
Twitter,
and my website.

Wishing you all continued joy on your bikes!
:heart:Amber

PS.
Bodies are amazing!
Lead with curiosity and enthusiasm!
Happy Halfway!
Growth mindset!
Fuel the work!
Nourish yourself!
Be kind to yourself!
Cognitive load!
(Did I miss any?)
:nerd_face:

229 Likes

Best of Luck!

4 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

Seriously…you’ll be missed. Your insights and approach to challenges were always appreciated.

Hope you’ll still pop in occasionally.

39 Likes

I’ve never met a lower gear I didn’t like.

33 Likes

Best of luck Amber!

Your insight will surely be missed!

4 Likes

Yeah, you were a real breath of fresh air.

6 Likes

A real loss for TR - you brought so much. Best of luck to you.

7 Likes

Aw man :sob:

You’ve been a hugely inspiring and encouraging force on TR’s roster, and you will be sorely missed. By me, specifically. Best of luck in whatever you do next! CURIOSITY AND ENTHUSIASM :metal:t2:

5 Likes

Thank you for all you have contributed over the past years and all the best with your new adventures Amber!

Personally I am very grateful for the insights you have shared, and feel you have changed my (cycling) life for the better!

5 Likes

Ahhh! So sorry for us, but equally as happy for you. I feared this day. I have so enjoyed your insight and perspectives on the podcast which have taught me so so much about how to approach training and physical activity in general in a healthy way. “Mindset of curiosity” - my favorite Amberism. I use it all the time in so many situations and have burned it into my sons brain as I try and guide him into/through athletics. You’ve had a lasting impact through your work. Thanks Amber, you will be missed.

3 Likes

Good luck Amber! Will miss hearing your input to the podcast and comments in the forum.

2 Likes

PROGRESS IS NOT LINEAR! I say that to myself all the time!

Good luck Amber, farewell and thanks for all you’ve done :slight_smile:

11 Likes

You will definitely be missed! Your contributions to the podcast have been top notch. I don’t know what you have planned, but I hope to occasionally see you as a guest.

3 Likes

Best wishes Amber. You honestly made TR better with your knowledge, experience, advice, and enthusiasm. You will be deeply missed. May life bring you the most amazing experiences and true happiness.

If anyone has not listened to the episodes about Amber’s life experience, I can’t recommend them enough. They were eye opening and heavy in the best way. Truly some of the best content I’ve listened to on any platform.

11 Likes

Thank you! :heart:

3 Likes

Best of luck!

1 Like

Huge loss for TR. I started coaching some kids and they hear “Amberisms” from me all the time. What’s funny is I heard my kids saying the same things to the friends they’ve made on other teams! @ambermalika Thank you for passing on the perspectives, they are getting passed on further.

2 Likes

Congratulations, best of luck and thank you. Keep us posted on your future exploits.

1 Like

Hate to hear this but completely understand.
Thank you for all your words of wisdom, positivity and overall outlook on life you shared to me and everyone in this community. Hope the best for you and the family!!

1 Like