How good or bad is Powerdot for recovery?

Just watched the ‘Recovery 101’ podcast episode and lymph draining with the aid of muscle contraction is discussed, I’m thinking TENS/EMS does exactly this, I know when I use Powerdot on extended recovery my legs feel great afterwards.

There has to be something in this as I note the Lymphatic system is movement driven, so for someone time crunched and has no time for recovery rides then this has to help, even boosting recovery when coupled with actual recovery rides.

I’m using mine religiously now after hard sessions and all good so far. Anyone have a view? Not after Powerdot endorsements or otherwise as I know they are not the only options out there, I just tied the podcasts content and my own experience together, made sense.

You can move your lymph along with simple massage. Back when I raced I used to frequently give myself a leg massage. I think it helps a small bit with recovery. It’s obviously not as enjoyable as someone else massaging you but its free and easy.

you are all talking about Power Dot 2.0 or is there an older version (1.0) out there?

I just received my PowerDot 2.0 (Duo) and this morning used them for the first time. My quads have been tight for a couple of days and the roller or stick have been ineffective. I used these in the massage mode and after a 20-minute session while I was doing work emails, my quads loosened up. I’ve never used anything like this so the feeling was weird, but not bad at all.

So, I used them on my calves and IT-Band. I want to use them on my hamstrings, but apparently can’t(?) while in the seated position.

I will be using them for recovery as the week progresses and will add to this thread. So far so good. I have time left on my 30-day money back guarantee, so will put them to the test and document my impressions here.

I’d be curious to hear of others continued use of the units.