Hot Takes: Recovery Hacks, Group Rides, Calorie Counting, and More - Ask a Cycling Coach 376

you’re right there; reminded me about how it was. Was easier to listen to. Looking forward to Ivy’s next one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hot take. The last 2 podcasts have been the best in a long time. Look, I love Jonathan and he’s been missed. But I love the random banter and unstructured nature of the recent podcasts. Sometimes, the podcast is so formulaic and dry. And I’m not saying it’s because of Jonathan. I think it’s because it’s an unfamiliar territory. The hosts are kind of winging it and I love it. It’s been very enjoyable.

8 Likes

Loved this episode. In the conversation about non-cycling daily stress I resonate a lot with @IvyAudrain where sometimes I ride instead of confronting whatever is actually going on. Sometime it’s a good release to exercise but I heard @IvyAudrain and feel similar that sometimes it’s actually me just ignoring something else I should/need to do.

Thanks for sharing, @IvyAudrain and awesome hosting!

3 Likes

Completely agree. The “off the cuff” banter and super random questions were refreshing. The personality mix of these three hosts is :ok_hand:

3 Likes

@Nate_Pearson what was the book on attachment you recommended?

@IvyAudrain did a great job on the podcast. A very enjoyable episode.

4 Likes

Ivy’s take on dealing with stress through cycling out really resonated with me.

I feel the same way as her but my job and life is very much detached from cycling and so therefore I feel that even though I find a lot of happiness/relief through cycling i think it isn’t a proper ‘fix’ as it takes away from the core issue, whatever that may be.

But to Ivy’s benefit - at least your job revolves around cycling so the more you bike the more you are contributing to your career and value.

However, If it wasn’t for cycling i’d likely be in a much worse state of mind. So I guess i’ll keep on pedalin’…

4 Likes

Not much to add other than this was one of the best episodes I’ve heard in a long time.

1 Like

+1 “Hot Takes” should go into the rotation as an episode style.

2 Likes

Hot Takes on AACC is roughly equal to Ask Josh Anything on the Marginal Gains podcast. Count me a fan. Ivy’s a great host.

Throw me in the boat of "@Nate_Pearson should host because I want to here him host AND Coach Chad give him feedback.

4 Likes

Ivy did a great job hosting. I particularly appreciated the discussions on mental health’s impact on life and performance. Topics like this help to normalize conversations about mental health and how we’re feeling.

7 Likes

@IvyAudrain, @Nate_Pearson, @chad

This one was special. Possibly my favorite episode of all time. There was something different going on here, a certain level of vulnerability that was really welcoming and real. A human and emotional element and how it relates to the journey that is bikes.

More, please, this was just really amazing, and I’m not afraid to say that I teared up a little listening to this in my kitchen making dinner when you all touched on the broken heart question. My partner came in and was wondering what I was listening to, to respond in that manner - I told her, this is my favorite training podcast but that this one was special to me as it hit on mental health matters and was a bit unexpected.

Gosh, I don’t want to gush too much, but this one was really great. Thank you all so much for imparting us all with your life wisdom. Truly felt like I was listening to good friends. Beautiful job. :heart: :heart: :heart:

7 Likes

I’ve started it this week. It’s fantastic. Thanks, @Nate_Pearson

Attached: The New Science of Adult Attachment and How It Can Help YouFind - and Keep - Love: Levine, Amir, Heller, Rachel: 9781585429134: Amazon.com: Books

1 Like

Thanks so much for the kudos, all! Really stoked to hear how much everyone is digging it. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes