Hide heart rate?

Hi @mcneese.chad Sorry to dig up an old thread but do you know if there’s any plan to release Hide HR as an option on the app?

1 Like

To the best of my knowledge, the Hide Heart Rate option is part of the Win/Mac app, but not the mobile apps.

Maybe @IvyAudrain can confirm one way or the other?

1 Like

that’s the only way I’m aware of at the moment, I’m big on hiding HR so I tend to use desktop apps

1 Like

This is me! I’ve resorted to a strip of blue masking tape permanently mounted on my trainer phone. If I ever need heart rate numbers I can see them on the workout summary. I find in-ride numbers too distracting, especially as they get close to my max.

You can do this in app settings - I do it as well - especially during the FTP test :smiley:

I’m using the Android beta version of the app, and I’m not seeing that option anywhere in the settings. Please point me in the right direction, as I’m sure I’m overlooking something. Thanks.

1 Like

As mentioned and confirmed above, the mobile app does NOT have the “Hide HR” option.

It is currently only available in the Win/Mac app.

1 Like

Would really love if it became an option on the app. My HR monitor stopped working recently and I’ve experienced the joy of release from stressing that my HR is approaching some ceiling that will limit me. I think I preemptively get ready to quit when I see HR approaching self-imposed limits.

At the same time, with adaptive training etc, I understand that HR is an important metric, so would like to measure it, but just not view it in real time, especially for those breakthrough workouts.

1 Like

@mcneese.chad , thanks for the refresher. Now that you’ve mentioned it, I do recall that being addressed earlier regarding the mobile app. Cheers!

I never knew this was a thing in the Windows app. Will definitely be making use of it as I find myself getting obsessed with things I can’t change (usually my HR not dropping as much as I’d like between intervals).

1 Like

I just noticed today by accident that Hide HR functionality is working on the iOS app! Yay for TrainerRoad!!

Thanks a lot to all!

2 Likes

Did we lose this option on the iOS app? I’m very new to TR. I disabled this on a ride a couple of weeks ago, been off the trainer for a couple of weeks due to being sick and now HR is enabled again and I can’t find the option to disable.

Nope. But I think they changed the way to toggle HR on and off: you need to tap the HR data screen directly on the workout screen. It should change to “HR (hidden)” and instead of a heart rate, you should see “–––”.

Does that work for you?

2 Likes

Just wanted to say thank you TR team, I love this feature and the iOS implementation.

I practically have HR phobia, having it in my face during a ride creeps me out. The data is great though, as is an occasional glimpse.

1 Like

@OreoCookie

Yep, not sure I would have figured that out myself. Thanks for the help.

2 Likes

I figured it out by accident: all of a sudden after the app updated itself, my heart rate was hidden. So during the workout I randomly stabbed my screen until I figured it out :sweat_smile:

2 Likes