Any update on this? Any deadline for the fix? How long do we need to wait for this? We are paying a subscription here and I’m having this issue since the new AI FTP detection was implemented.
Thanks
Any update on this? Any deadline for the fix? How long do we need to wait for this? We are paying a subscription here and I’m having this issue since the new AI FTP detection was implemented.
Thanks
I switched to an app I came across on the intervals.icu forum, the feedback, like yours, is great, it gives you the context of why the workout was a success or not, and this has allowed me to better judge what I need to work on and when. I found some of the TR recommendations quite baffling, maybe if I’d had an explanation as to the why I’d have had a better understanding and greater faith in the model.
It’s also shown me that I tend to go a bit too hard on my endurance rides and this has meant I’m now working on keeping things better in line with the goal of those sessions, I really think TR got it wrong by not implementing some sort of system that gives you feedback and suggestions on your plan, I’d have much rather they kept the old system, which most people were happy with, but enhance that by having some sort of dialogue about your training. It was the not knowing that I didn’t like, hence why I went elsewhere and for much less money as well.
I turned off the prediction and life has been good. TR serves me good workout and plan. My favourite is FTP detection. I hope that TR will fix issue that underestimates or overestimates other athletes abilities. I am not fan of ftp prediction as I said before. Prediction could be useful. LNG Certainly if system is giving you too easy or too hard workouts after months that is frustrating.
I’m looking to reactivate my account, but this bug makes me wonder whether I should. I mean, this bug has existed for like 4-5 months now…
Does it only affect the AI FTP prediction, or does it also affect the FTP detection? Will it affect upcoming workouts?
It only affects prediction and thus has no effects on your workouts. It’s annoying, but won’t impact your actual training.
Got it, thank you! I’ll just deactivate it then. ![]()
I’d say it does better than any other system, coaches included, in pinpointing workouts that suit you along with managing progression, in it’s current state.
If TR hid the “FTP” number and just reported 20m and 60m power, I’m not sure anyone would be talking about a bug.
My workouts all week have been completed mostly easy to moderate and my FTP keeps dropping from 283 down 5.7% to 267. Did do VO2 max that was not recommended but was only moderate which dropped my FTP even more than it was probably -3 to 4% before the workout.
It’s more like double that
Are we completely sure it’s not affecting FTP detection as well? My FTP detection has been dropping consistently I presume due to a lack of indoor structured workouts as I’ve been riding outside (unstructured). When I’ve done indoor TR workouts at the previous FTP I’ve completed them fine and have just come back from 5 days riding in Mallorca where I felt I rode well. My theory is that the outside rides are not being taken into account in determining AIFTP detection ?
Do we definitively know it’s just the prediction model that is affected?
Prediction and detection are determined by the same model as far as I know. AIFTP Prediction is nothing but the detection applied to a future date assuming that everything in you calendar (simulation window) between now and then goes according to plan. So if your prediction drops to a buggy value on detection day, your detection would also be affected.
Just a little update here…
As mentioned, on Thursday I set up a new training plan (Improving Climbing) to begin on Monday. My AIFTP detection was offered on Wednesday, but I didn’t do it because I wanted to complete Wednesday’s workout before I did the detection. Unfortunately, I missed that workout due to bad sleep for a couple of days and the resulting fatigue. Initial AIFTP Prediction, again as mentioned, was 218. When I triggered the AIFTP Detection on Thursday, after setting up the training plan, my AIFTP Prediction immediately dropped to 217. I thought, OK, here we go, and didn’t hold out much hope for a very successful AIFTP increase over the next 28 days. I was supposed to have had an event today and that’s what my previous plan was tailored to, so this week was a calm week. I completed yesterday’s Endurance workout (outside) on schedule, with a Garmin Execution score of 86%, and as expected the AIFTP dropped, but not by a lot (215). I had another Endurance workout on the schedule for today, but had a surprise opportunity to ride leadout for a local 10K Run/Race, so I did that and then did the workout immediately after, rather than just letting the pace riding substitute for the workout since it was so unstructured. In the vein of what @eddie was saying about my extra riding possibly negatively impacting my AIFTP prediction, I assumed I would take another hit from the leadout riding, but to my shock and amazement, It actually went up a Watt, to 216. That’s the first time I’ve seen the prediction increase in a long time, so maybe this month will be different. Here’s hoping! I can post screenshots if need be, but didn’t want to add unnecessary clutter.
This is from Jonathan earlier in this thread. So yes, it affects BOTH predictions and detections
Ugh, OK, thank you. To be honest, that’s tough because we have a product then that hasn’t worked properly for over 10 months, and it doesn’t seem like there’s going to be a fix any time soon. So, even though I would really like to use TP, I will have to consider alternatives at this point.
Detection is spot on for me
If you are training outdoors it affects prediction and detection afaik
If you are training outdoors it will affect prediction and detection
Wow! I can’t believe your prediction only dropped 2 watts after only executing the workout at 86%. If you only executed an indoor workout at 86% I would expect a much bigger drop, if it was early in the block. Makes me think they must be starting to get this outdoor workout stuff pretty dialed in
So because it doesn’t impact you, it doesn’t impact anyone else, they just suck. Got it.
So now it’s ok to ignore the open bug and crap on other people but calling it out gets your posts blocked? Really?