Headphones? Anyone using over ear?

My ear buds keep falling off. Anyone tried over the ear cans on the trainer?

Also, after a number of BT phones died I use wired. Using a 3 meter e tension till my saddle bag, to which I plug in my ear buds.

Any suggestions for ones that would staying on without constant fidgeting? Or over the ears. Cheap. Use only for YouTube not music.

Get some in-ear ones that have hooks that go over your ears. Over the ear headphones would be too hot…

For example, I use the PowerBeats.

1 Like

Years ago, I won these sweet Rapha ones during the Tour of Sufferlandria. They are awesome in sound quality, but HOT A.F. on the trainer. They stay put, for sure… but generally I prefer BT airbuds too.

https://www.beoplay.com/en/products/h6%20rapha%20edition

There’s another big thread on this somewhere…

Anyway I use these and am very pleased with the price:performance ratio: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B073VF7FY7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

I pull three sheets of paper towel off a roll. I leave them connected and put it over my head.
This is long enough so that the middle sheet goes on the top of my head and the two end sheets go over both ears.
Then I put my over ear headphones on.
This way no sweat damages the headphones and anything I listen to is far better and more trainer noise is eliminated than if using any in ear headphones.
I’ve never found it too hot.

2 Likes

I just use a cheap pair of over ear Bluetooth headphones from kitsounds, plenty of run time and I don’t really care if they get sweaty and die eventually.

1 Like

I’m using the bone induction wireless Aftershokz Titanium. I love that I don’t have anything in my ear.

I’ve got the Aftershokz that I use sometimes on the treadmill or in the gym and I like those but I don’t use them on the trainer at all. They work great but they don’t isolate outside noise which is good in the gym because I can still speak to others and hear people talk. I like to be more isolated on the trainer.

I got tired of spending money on nicer stuff to just sweat up and bought these: Mpow Bluetooth over the ear

They work just fine and have lasted long enough to justify their cost to me. My ears get a little sweaty in them and they do get a little stinky. But I like them, they’re easy to use and charge and I wear them around the house if I’m listening to music and don’t want to bother anyone. If I go home tonight and the pair I have breaks I’ll order another pair.

1 Like

I like the over the ear with noise canceling thingy. A thin dry fit headband is a MUST!

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

I use over the ear. They’re great. Mpow m5s. Bluetooth etc. Even have an aux input for a cord if you want. Ear buds gave me issues when working out. These have been awesome and they were only $50

2 Likes

I think I might give those a try. Here’s the US link for anyone looking for them on the .com web site: https://www.amazon.com/Levin-Bluetooth-Headphones-Sweatproof-Microphone/dp/B06Y5WWTWD/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1547753871&sr=8-3&keywords=LinkWitz

1 Like

Tried but too hot for me, use jabre

Another vote from me for the Mpow over the ear headphones. Plenty good enough and easy to replace if they break… No sign of them doing that yet though!

3 Likes

My ears are apparently a weird shape internally so I have major issues with the fit of ear buds - even the ones that have an over ear hook. Happily, I don’t have any particular problems with my ears / head feeling too hot if I use over ear headphones, so I a bluetooth over ear set.
These are the ones I have https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Portable-Headphones/Over-Ear-Wireless-Bluetooth-Headphones-Microphone-Black/B00M3RJUWC/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics-accessories&srs=1670429031&ie=UTF8&qid=1547812103&sr=1-5&refinements=p_n_style_browse-bin%3A1601095031 - when they’re available they are usually pretty cheap. I’m on my second set, the first having finally died after 3 years of serious abuse

I’ve had no problem riding or running with AirPods. I like the sound of my Bose QuietComfortIIs better, but don’t want to sweat all over them.

2 Likes

I bought the Sony MDR-ZX220BT headphones. They cost me 60 bucks at Best Buy and was the smartest purchase I ever made for training indoors.

Yes they get a bit hotter but nothing dramatic, sound is pretty good and they have controls on the one ear, pretty good little bundle.

I got to the point where I kept fiddling with were I put my phone with corded headphones and earbuds constantly fell out basically messing with my focus and I said enoughs enough.

My two cents commit to the over ear and you’ll love them, make sure you have a good fan.

Jeff

I use over-the-ear Bluetooth headphones that my wife got me for when I was in chemo-therapy. No fidgeting and they sound great. They do get a bit sweaty but not unbearable.

-Hugh
(my blog: ex-prosays.blogspot.com)

1 Like

I have been using Aftershokz headphones for a couple of years, pretty much exclusively on the trainer. I’ve used them on a couple of work trips for Bluetooth phone connection too with decent results. With the open ear technology, I can hear what’s going on upstairs or if the kids need something when on the trainer.

1 Like

Regular earbud headphones don’t work for me because my ear canal is too small for the buds to fit securely.

These Bose headphones work great - they are secure, and wired so I don’t have to worry about running out of charge.