Headphones? Anyone using over ear?

Yeah I use a pair of Sennheiser BT noise cancelling over ears and much prefer them to in ears. It is noticeably warmer with them though. I might try the paper towel trick!

I use those and have had no problems. They look a bit naff but work fine.

Your earbuds fall out probably because the eartips are not the correct size for your ears. Go here to find some that fit: Amazon.com : SpinFit Silicone Eartips

Been using this for about 4 years, 3-4 sessions a week (at least) last well, never drop out , just bought a second set for work https://www.amazon.co.uk/Skullcandy-Smokin-Bluetooth-Wireless-Earbuds/dp/B013UFETBW/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1548018314&sr=8-8&keywords=skullcandy+headphones+bluetooth

i’d say if they are falling out, you might need to replace the in ear grommets to a larger size

I use Airpods, and they work great. I have never had a problem with them falling out, even when I go running they just stay put. I love that they are not in-ear headphones or so, because I still retain a good degree of situational awareness.

In fact I have used them so much that their batteries are close to dead and I need new ones …

Just got these. About 7 dollars. Seems OK for my use :slight_smile:

I use bluetooth over ears ones but they can get really hot and sweaty when on the bike (and can even smell a bit).

Well, that was before I used them. With my fans full on, there is too much background noise. I can see these working for a run/outdoor ride etc, but not with the noise in a trainer room.

I use

with not issues

I use to have some fancy sennheiser headphones but sold them in the past few years since I needed some money and found a very affordable alternative.

Favorite IEM’s in the world are the Xiaomi pistons. Best bang for your buck in the audio world, usually last me about a year and a half of everyday use and they are $20-$25 to replace. They smell a bit like chocolate when opening the packaging and come with 3 different tip sizes if you have small or big ears. I’d recommend buying them on Gearbest rather than Amazon as pricing is generally better and there are a lot of counterfeits on the market.

So, those were a disaster. Sound great till I switched on all my fans. They fit loose, so no isolation at all.

Back to ear buds with slightly larger plugs. These fit better.

Thanks. I tried bigger plugs, and they stay in much better.

1 Like

I’ve been happy for last 12 months with BTS Pro from 66Audio BTS Pro Bluetooth Wireless Sports Headphones | 66 Audio

Long battery life, no drop outs, good audio quality and despite liters of sweat and water, rain during outdoor running and indoor cycling they are still in perfect condition.

instead of this use in-ear best wireless earbuds under 30. these can be a good choice for you.

Creative Aurvana Live still gets my vote, plus it’s on the cheaperish end. Only owned the 1st version though, but the latest ones still look great but I haven’t read up on reviews yet.

On the road I use custom mould in-ear phones. They don’t get in the way of helmet, glasses, etc and the sound is pretty good.

I tried them on the trainer but they get drowned out by the air blowers, so I’ve recently moved to MPOW over-ear bluetooth phones. Cheap, acceptable sound, long battery life but most importantly they stay put, even on extended sessions on the aero bars.

I use the bose quiet comfort II on the trainer.

I use an external Bluetooth speaker so I can hear my smooth (or not) cadence.

I use AirPods Pro on the trainer and they work great, but for running I don’t like them very much. For running I prefer the Jaybird X3.

Update: running with AirPod Pro works much better without noise cancellation on. Think it’s related to the pounding on the pavement messing with the “air seal”. This probably confuses the noise cancellation which results in some weirdness.

1 Like