šŸŽ‰ šŸŽ‰ šŸŽ‰ Group Workouts are here! šŸŽ‰ šŸŽ‰ šŸŽ‰

I havenā€™t ā€œriddenā€ with my son for nearly a year since weā€™re in different states. Yesterday, my son and I rode Echo with a friend of his. For better or worse, Echo is not so challenging that we had to motivate one another with a stink-eye to finish each interval. All three of us have vastly different FTPs, so it was really fun to ride together and carry on a conversation about whatā€™s going on in our lives and the world while adding some additional TSS for the week. We plan to make group rides a weekly event since all three of us are entered to ride in the Park City Point-2-Point race come September - barring cancellation - where we will truly ride together.

Thank you, Team TR, for raising your bar for all of us to enjoy!

8 Likes

Is there a way to ā€œreserveā€ a spot for someone in a group ride? I tired to search for this but came up empty so I apologize if this was addressed elsewhere. I would like to set up a public group ride, but I want to make sure that my buddy is one of the participants. If I put the code up on the calendar, it is possible that the ride could fill up before my friend joins. Unlikely, but possible.

Thanks TR team! This is an awesome feature and I canā€™t wait to see how it evolves.

1 Like

Have done a couple of workouts. 2 hosted and 1 joined. Still have not figured it out but what is the best way setup so I can listen to music (like amazon) and also hear everyone? I use bose soundsports but thinking it might be the same as others.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

No, there is no reservation method right now. Itā€™s a matter of possibly listing that person in your post, and maybe including them on the guest invite list via the calendar.

Worst case, ask the last to join to leave if your planned person hasnā€™t made the final 4th spot.

2 Likes

I use true wireless ear buds but only put one bud in, then run whatever audio I feel like listening to for that ride through my phone. Especially if you have the pass-through option on your ear buds it works great. I use my laptop for everything else. That way I can run GW through my mic/camera built in to the laptop without any fuss. Just pop open and go.

I listen to YouTube music while on Group Workouts. I can independently adjust the volume of the music and TR both going through my AirPods. By adjusting the volume inside YouTube and my MacBook separately I can chose how loud each are (music vs group talking). This way itā€™s easy to crank up the music for hard intervals then adjust back down for recoveries. This method also doesnā€™t interfere with the other participants.

1 Like

Thank you both. Will test it out again by setting up a fake ride.

Had a good first experience with Group Workouts this morning - went pretty flawlessly riding with someone on the other side of the world. Definitely a little kick of motivation to not cave on the last interval since I knew someone was watching

1 Like

So Iā€™ve been trying for the past 2 days to create a group workout using the Windows (10) app. Each time I click ā€˜Continue to Workoutā€™ it gives me a NameServer Peer Error.
Iā€™ve tried:

1. Adding a workout to my calendar, selecting the workout from calendar clicking ā€˜Create Group Workoutā€™. I receive my workout code, and when I click ā€˜Continue to workoutā€™ it always results in the error.
  2. Starting from the ā€œGroup Workoutā€ panel, selecting a specific workout, creating the group workout and again receive the error when i attempt to continue.
    I have not been able to start a group workout. I may have created 10 unique codes at this point.
    I have restarted and updated the Windows (10) app as of today.
    Can anyone offer a solution to what may be going on here?

nameserver error

Tried this tonight with a friend. All was working fine until half way through when we lost connection. We both carried on doing the workout until the end. He was the host (although with my code) and extended the warmdown but when i joined I didnā€™t see him.

He then closed his down and rejoined my ride that is restarted and we could see each other again.

Any logs anywhere to try troubleshooting???

This is a bug that weā€™re trying to fix now. If it happens try restarting the app.

Ah, thatā€™s disappointing, Iā€™m sorry.

We have a new robust system coming soon. That should fix this problem.

I figured out my issue. It was my VPN. When disconnected, it works fine. Iā€™ll be trying this out later in the week.
Thanks

1 Like

Thanks, Chad!

1 Like

No worries, and thanks for the reply. It was very good when it worked, looking forward to the new system! With things being as they are itā€™s highly likely the Internet could be causing issues with the odd glitch Iā€™d suspect.

@Nate_Pearson @Jonathan - Thanks again for answering my questionā€¦again (crazy commute guy). Iā€™d totally be down for joining one of your group workouts. Iā€™m on a recovery week this week, but would be happy to join whatever youā€™ve got going on. I jump into general build high volume next week. :slight_smile: Iā€™m ā€˜the.commutistā€™ on IG, btw.

2 Likes

Iā€™m on a recovery week too! Iā€™ll post my workout for tomorrow in the other thread.
Actually, Iā€™ll be in Jonā€™s workouts this week.

Iā€™m afraid I can never use this feature. Ever!

Once upon a time a certain person made a smart arsed comment about Amber having no hair game on the podcastā€¦

Hi

We used group workouts this morning and it was great. We did experience a few issues though.

1. I had serious time sync issues - I drifted back a couple of minutes by the first internal. I ended up quiting and rejoining which got me back to the same point as everyone else, but then I slipped again. In our final interval I was 50+ seconds behind everyone else.
  2. The mic/webcam toggles seem a bit buggy - we has a slightly bad connection and when people dropped out and rejoined the toggle was out compared to reality - for example, said mic/webcam was on but we had to toggle off/on to make it work.

Iā€™m sure the stability will come.

Thanks for the work so far.

1 Like

I love the Group Workouts, well done!

Question/Suggestion: is there a way to show the instructions as in a solo workout?

Especially for someone who has just started using TR like me and itā€™s maybe doing a that workout for the first time, itā€™s important to get on the screen the TR coachā€™s tips and instructions: when to increase your spin, when to do isolated leg training etc

Thanks!