Great Discussion about MTB Inventions

Super fun to listen to this as someone who started MTB in 1991, and lived through a bunch of these moments :smiley:

1 Like

RC (as they kept calling him) was super interesting and entertaining!

1 Like

I drooled over his bikes and read probably every article he ever wrote, in MTB Action back then. Had that mag subscription and read every article at least 3 times. I almost have some of those geometry values burned in my brain, for the bikes back then. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I really like that site, and I like the podcast. Sadly the community is mostly not my type. Then again, I wouldn’t want to be a part of a group that would accept me as a member…

1 Like

LOL, agreed that the PB cast is really good. I am a bit older than them, but have a very similar history and perspective despite never being a “DH guy” myself. I hung with a bunch of other Pinkers and get that fun vibe from them, in a similar/different way to the TR crew.

The PB site itself sure has a different feel too, and I don’t spend a ton of time there other than for the more XC and trail stuff they post.

1 Like

Gravity style riding is my favorite, despite the fact that I like to earn it (I don’t like shuttling). So I don’t fit in with most because I enjoy riding my 40 pound rig 1000’s of feet up, and the commenters there can’t comprehend that anyone would do such a thing. I typically leave my XC bike parked outside of racing.

1 Like

Some pretty good discussion about the evolution of MTB tech here, too. Obviously, in addition to a lot of other great topics.

1 Like

That was a great episode, with two legends.

1 Like