Good deal on used Venge?

So… I’ve been looking in to getting a new Venge Pro but the only 61 frame available is the shimano set up but really wanted to go with sram. Came across this on pros closet:

Anyone have any experience buying through them?

Any possible cons on buying this used, does Specialized warranty still apply?

Warranty does not apply but the website is legit

2 Likes

I’ve purchased quite a few parts from them. They’re a good operation. Almost bought a bike but it sold before I could make up my mind to pull the trigger…

I’ve bought and sold bikes with them. Legit and easy to deal with.

IMO $6700 seems to be on the high side for a used bike that originally cost $8000 when you consider that you forgo the lifetime warranty on the frame.

1 Like

Yeah that’s kind of what I’m thinking, considering the no warranty part.

The Pros Closet has a premium over the market value because it’s 1) a legit middleman and 2) recognized name. You’re definitely going to find better deals on eBay/Craigslist. Regardless, I can’t think of any manufacturer (and certainly no private party) that will honor a secondhand frame warranty.

2 Likes

I see Pros Closet listings frequently on ebay. They seem to have a strategy of starting high - like way too high and then lowering the price after it doesn’t sell. Maybe the people that consign with them set the initial price?

I was looking at a Salsa Cutthroat the other day. The Pros Closet has one on ebay for $2677 + $99 shipping. A new one from Salsa goes for $2699 MSRP and I’m sure I could get a discount if I went and put the order in at my local shop.

2 Likes

I agree… I got my old Shiv TT through TPC and I basically waited a few weeks for the price to drop by several hundred, then made them an offer on eBay for even less and they accepted. I think they’re usually pretty optimistic with their starting price, and are generally pretty flexible.

1 Like

They’re a bit high in general but it seems they’re now using some sort of formula to manage prices.

I was watching a few of their bikes this winter and the prices went up and down quite a few times and always by odd amounts. Guessing they crunch selling prices on eBay on some sort of schedule.

2 Likes