Glasses recommendation for small sized head

I lost a pair of glasses a few rides ago, they were tefosi something or other and were purchased based on price. I’ve been wearing home depot safety glasses since then so am desperately looking for new glasses :slightly_smiling_face:
Since its more practical for me to order new glasses by internet, I can’t easily see which glasses will fit best, so I’m looking for recommendations for glasses sized for folks with smaller heads. According to my partner and children I have the head size of a toddler… for reference I wear a small sized kask protone. Not looking to spend over $150 on the glasses.
Appreciate any advice!

I have a fairly small head and the Oakley Flak Jacket fits very well. I have polarized shaded lenses for day riding and clear lenses for night.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip

Relatively small head here too - and am in year 5 of using POC’s with individual prescription lenses.

2 Likes

SportRx has “total width” on most of the brand names including your current (brand) specs. That’s a decent metric. They also have a head fit guide.

For cycling specifically, I’d make sure they’re a little taller in the center (the brow area) since you’ll be looking more downward. The “cycling” glasses (“Base 8” full curve when viewed from the side) have more side coverage and can basically double as rated safety glasses, but a lot of sporty “Base 6” will do the job well also, giving enough coverage for “side-sun”. Just avoid flatter “Base 4” profiles

Otherwise, only tips would be: for Oakley - sometime GlassesUSA and EZContacts have low prices. Transitions Lenses (proper Transitions or Xtractive) are great if you ride around dawn/dusk/night. Most of the fancy non-Oakley lenses are the same - all made by Zeiss.

2 Likes

I’ve been very happy with my eyewear from Roka.com. Their sunglasses run $125-$150 and are built on the same frames as their prescription eyeglasses. Roka have have a “home try on” program where they send you four frames of your choice (with blank lenses) to try on for 7 days (you pay shipping). After you figure out what works well, you can place the order for the actual pair you will keep. Their website also has detailed dimensions for most of their frames.

FWIW, their prescription eyewear has been the best I’ve ever owned (and I’ve worn glasses my whole life). They also recently started offering bifocal and progressive lenses.

1 Like

This might be a good fit. I’ve gotten prescription glasses from liingo who do a similar try at home thing, didn’t realize there were cycling specific sunglass options like this. Thanks!

I’m glad you’ve finally gotten a good recommendation. Just to add mine. When choosing, try to choose an oval or rectangular shape glass. It always look very nice on people with small sized head.

1 Like

I use Oakley glasses from the youth range.

1 Like

Liingo is great. Also look for “Asian” fit

1 Like

Rudy Project “Rydon Slim” may be suitable.

1 Like

Beetlejuice

super curious what beetlejuice means

Oakleys with Asian Fit work well for me.

1 Like

I also wear Roka. They work for me. My cycling glasses are SL-1 and my reading glasses are Rory. I also did the try on.

100% makes some of their models in a “SL” (small-lens) version… Intended to look more proportional on people with a smaller head size.

SportRX.com as rough sizing listed. Hint… look at the total width 130mm = small; 135= medium; 140= Large

i wear roka