Garmin Rally Power Meter Pedals: Look Road, Shimano Road & MTB

What I’ve seen so far is this using the DC Analyzer tool. My Rally’s match my KICKR Core almost perfectly. They run low compared to my Neo (first generation). So far none of it concerns me too much. They seem consistent to themselves and reasonable from what I’m seeing so far. Just my experience in the last month.

My Rally RS200 are very close to my Neo 2t when it comes to AVG and NP, but there can be a difference when it comes to max power, but that’s a known issue with power meters since they will sample data at different periods and avg it out over a time frame, so the peaks will never exactly align. Unlike my dual 4iiii (ultegra), the right side was all over the place.

After reading @triggerdog’s post, I checked my battery caps and the left side was half a turn loose, right side was tight. I’m going check them every week or 2 from now on.

I would use my Rally’s as a basil me but they are 10-15% lower than my Kickr and Quarq. Did a ride yesterday and here are the readings from all three:

Quarq AP 222, NP 229

Kicker AP 223, NP 228

Rally AP 192, NP 198

So Quarq and Kickr very close but Rally is reading very low. I’ve opened a ticket with Garmin support and sent them multiple ride files.

That my post helped make sure one person didn’t accidentally trash their pedals is wonderful. I’m glad you caught it!!

1 Like

Make sure you really tighten the garmin pedals to their recommendations ( 34Nm) !!
I realized this rookie mistake today and the power on my stages power meter and garmin rally xc pedals are damn near identical now.

What torque wrench are you using for the pedals? I was wondering if that’s maybe the cause. Garmin is warrantying my pedals for a second time because the power is so far off

I had to buy one for a special project a while ago, if I didn’t have it I would just give it a little extra crank when installing. Before I had the pedals barely on so I could easily remove them. It really did change the power reading instantly.

Edit: The pedals are actually reading 5+ watts now above my stages power meter.

1 Like

I just ran into another small change that was causing me some issues. My right pedal was squeaking and clicking. When I mentioned it to my LBS mechanic he asked if my cleats were new or old. I replaced my cleats with new Shimano SH51 cleats (had the Bontrager version on my shoes), and the creak disappeared.

2 Likes