Forum format is crazy to read - just me?

Is there a setting to control how posts are shown within each topic?

When I read through a topic and the replies, the replies are both nested below the post to which they are directly replying, but also appear in the main thread. This seems clunky and ruins the flow of reading through topics for me.

Not aware of a setting to control that - and it doesn’t happen for me.

Are you viewing on mobile, and/or using the Dark Theme? I wonder if it could be an (unintended?) side effect of the Dark Theme…

Edit: doesn’t seem to be Dark theme (just did a test). Does it happen for all replies in a thread? (I.e. you haven’t just expanded that one post to show the replies in-line?)

I am using the Dark theme, but I switched to Light and it still happens. I tried in both Chrome and Edge - same results. IE on the work computer is too old to work on this site lol.

(This is the post in the screenshot, fyi: https://www.trainerroad.com/forum/t/2020-xc-bike-thread/27975/32)

If I click the “replies” link below the post then I see what you do. If I then click the ‘^’ it collapses back.

3 Likes

Its because you expanded Replies

1 Like

It’s a feature :innocent:

3 Likes

Mine collapses back, too. If I don’t expand replies though, the thread doesn’t make sense. In my screenshot example, the comment from liam_mail doesn’t actually show up until 5 or so comments later in the thread…where it has no connection or context to what he’s replying to.

I guess I’m just an old curmudgeon…who is used to the reddit format :man_shrugging: :man_white_haired:

when you get to liam_mail just ask by clicking on the arrow next to alexstenerson avatar:

1 Like

they are not the old trifuel forums that is for sure :slight_smile:

Still seems like a bit of a treasure hunt to me.

The discussion is generally good, so I’ll keep reading but sometimes I feel like Charlie:

6 Likes

Living with a geek:

wife: I can’t do X on this stupid website!
me: oh click the hamburger, select the second option, and then bam it works :nerd_face:
wife: a simple “I know, that website really sucks” would have been better :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

“If I wanted you to tell me how to fix it, I would have asked you to tell me how to fix it!”

5 Likes

the struggle is real :rofl:

1 Like

I’ve settled on a title for my autobiography: “You’re Doing It Wrong”

4 Likes

wife: go away, I’ll finish making the bed
me: I’m helping
wife: you’re doing it wrong

:rofl:

4 Likes

:rofl: :joy: Getting yourself fired from a housework task: priceless

1 Like

and smart … :wink::laughing:

1 Like

I do the same thing to my wife when she loads the dishwasher, so you win some, you lose some :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

If you do it wrong you may have less to do.

Incompetent with house work but happy :grin:

2 Likes