Forced keto - how to maximize performance?

I think keto is a bad approach for most folks, too. But the OP here seems to have thought through pretty extensively and made a pretty strong point (see bolded text in post) that he’d already thought about it and will be staying keto. Just as a heads up!

1 Like

UCAN bars do not go well with my system. Lots of lingering bloat and gas. Never again for me. You can try before you race with it. I do much better with regular keto and protein bars.

As for keto nutrition, I was able to eat carbs and still be in keto when I was at 4-5% bf. I was burning so many calories that I could eat like a teenager again. But that was at 4-5% bf prelockdown, pregymclosures. I knew I was still in keto because of my keto smell.

Now at 10%, I have to watch what I eat and more importantly when I eat (14-16 hour fast) … and carb load before and carb replenish only during long rides.

Never felt great about zero carb keto for max performance but it may be good for your health as sugar fueling is bad for your teeth and blood and brain over time. I do agree that fasted WOs feel great … just not the best for performance.

I’ll take bad for your teeth on its face.

Got any evidence of it being bad for “blood and brain over time?”

Perhaps you meant for a population with preexisting diabetes?

With respect, that site is run by a quack militant vegan author who claims veganism cures most every medical ailment under the sun (much like, say, faith healers, chiropractors, homoeopaths, and their ilk) and it is independently rated by media rating/fact-checking agencies as conspiratorial and pseudoscientific.

The contents of that website have no basis in science or reality and certainly have absolutely no place on this forum.

5 Likes

All the studies are link with every article and video, good luck debunking it. Militant vegan, have you seen Dr Greger? GTFO