Apologies if this is mentioned somewhere in the roadmap already, but one feature I would like to see is a chatbot to assist with scheduling and plan updates.
There are times when I adjust my workouts to fit with my non-training commitments, and with the increased focus on AI, that feels like something that could be integrated into a chatbot.
Ideally I could hop into a chatbot and say things like:
“I can only do 60 minutes of training on Saturday, but I can extend my midweek workouts by 15 minutes.”
Or
“I can’t ride Thursday. Can we adjust my workouts this week to reflect that?”
Totally. IMO, as it is TR is way too regimented, inflexible, and limited. It should be just like having a live coach with whom I can discuss my prior workout, the upcoming ones, my life situation, and modify things accordingly. It doesn’t have to be entirely free form. There could a brief post workout chat about how it went. A near-term planning chat. A long term plan chat. …
I used to be against this kind of thing, but I feel like it’s advanced enough now that it’s worthwhile. You just have to be careful to scrutinize everything the bot says and does, and be willing to challenge it.
I’d agree with that for general purpose AIs, but for TR AI, I feel that’s what I’m paying them for, to ensure their AI only outputs legit stuff limited to the realm of cycling training and fitness.
For the past month or so ive been using Claude to do exactly this
It has been creating .FIT files, entering workouts onto my google calendar after checking what else I have on & when the wife is at work, tracking my HRV/RHR & Sleep recovery metrics, monitoring workout success by pulling workouts from Strava & creating a dashboard so I can quickly take it all in.
Overall, been very impressed with it. Last TT of the season I followed its workouts on the run up & the taper it created which resulted in a new 10 mile PB
It might be a good idea….. however. As with any added features and functions there will probably be a cost. TR is not a large company with unlimited programming talent . It is a concern for the few of us that are not cash flush.
I don’t see that as a real concern. We’re paying them a serious premium compared to most options. I don’t think that premium should just cover maintaining what we already have, but instead it should cover continuous development and improvement.