Feature Request: Remove skipped portions of workouts from the hours count on calendar

While I was going thru my calendar I noticed something didn’t add up.
I was doing boarstone on 1/25/21, but decided to end it and skip straight to the cooldown after the first hour. This shows in the calendar view as a 2hr workout and gives a false sense of hours of training for the week. Even the file that gets sent to Training peaks is incorrect.
I see that the duration on the workout analysis is correct but the calendar is not

1 Like

Yes it does. Completed time shows 2 hrs

1 Like

There was (likely still is) a ‘bug’ with how pauses are dealt with in recorded data. The paused time is not accounted for in the power/duration curve - that data is based on the ‘workout time’, not the ‘wallclock time’, so if you pause your workouts the P/D curve will be messed up. This is ‘working as intended’ as far as TR is concerned.
It would be nice to see data integrity stuff like this cleaned up.

2 Likes

That’s actually pretty aweful. So you are saying I can do 4x5min all out with paused rest and make a new 20min record?

That’s how it used to be, and I was given the impression that this was not a priority to be fixed. Solution is to “not pause”. I haven’t tested this recently, so maybe it has changed, but given how the skipped portions aren’t recorded correctly I doubt it.
I really hope that TR has a way of properly handling this for whatever ‘big data’ stuff they are doing, as otherwise there could be a lot of incorrect data they are using.
I care about longer duration power records - ie 2-3 hours, and sometimes I can’t avoid a pause in those. I have to exclude those from power records completely to avoid using the bad data.

1 Like