Feature Request follow other TR users

I think it would be cool to be able to follow other TR users that are “public”. Just A quick link to their calendar is all that would be needed. I’ve come across some strong riders when tooling around in TR workouts that I’d love to follow and get a look at how they organize there training. I know that’s what Strava does but looking at how they plan there training in full view would be cool.

1 Like

Flip side of the coin could be that many strong riders enjoy the fact that it’s difficult to view their training plan on TR. Many also keep their Strava profiles private for this reason too.

I’m sure there’s a mix of that. I’m not asking everyone to go public but those that are willing I enjoy looking at. Not in attempt to replicate but to get a big picture of different training and how they incorporate TR

I should clarify the meaning strong can be misleading because everyone’s definition would be different. So it doesn’t necessarily have to be the top 1%. I’d just rather click through a few athletes training profiles than cruise other social media.

There is a Teams function which allows you to form a group and have members opt in. My club’s race team used it for a while a couple years ago. You can see everyone’s TR workouts and it had a message board feature.

We ended up drifting away from that and just follow each other on Strava. That works better.

1 Like

Good point, I completely forgot about the Teams.

1 Like

And there is a TR group on Strava with many members there already.

Want to join my Strava cycling club? Reno, Nevada Club | TrainerRoad on Strava

This would be nice. I saved the url’s for a few people and I check what they’ve been doing from time to time. I’ve found some neat workouts by just browsing what others are doing. To find interesting profiles I’ll check the all-rides tab on hard workouts and look for high-powered riders.

1 Like

I do the all rides tab also.

Bumping this. I think it’d be good to have a tab with a feed of “followed” riders so you can see what TR workouts they’ve done lately. Would be nice also to be able to leave comments on individual rides - another forum to swap notes on particular workouts etc.

I think the forum has shown that there’s a proper sense of community among a lot of TR users - it needn’t turn into Strava, but it could be nice to get a bit more social and a bit less “numbers-obsessed loner in their garage”…

Obviously with the option to keep your profile private / hidden if that’s your preference.

1 Like

We would be rebuilding part of Strava then…and Strava has told me if we do this that they would have a problem with it.

We do have plans to improve teams that will launch with another exciting feature :wink:. I’d like to get it out this winter but no promises.

3 Likes

I actually like this idea too. As for people liking it not being easy, well it’s available now and if they want privacy they can opt for privacy in the settings. I think the original poster would just like it to be easier to see what other TR users are doing that don’t have privacy concerns.

However, if it creates issues with cooperation with Strava then it isn’t worth it. I do follow people on Strava who aren’t TrainerRoad users (crazies IMO…lol) therefore alienating Strava for this feature doesn’t seem worth it.

Ah, fair enough. I can imagine the scene. “Hi Nate, nice cycling-based business you’ve got here [smashes Garmin Vector pedals with a crowbar]. Would be a terrible shame if something happened to it…”

This would be great! Looking forward to it.