I’m using a Wahoo Kickr (v5) and I’m running TR from Android, talking to the Kickr via Bluetooth. The kickr is in ERG mode.
Yesterday I did the ramp test, and this morning a recovery ride. In both cases resistance on the trainer seemed to be cycling. Its like its hunting for the right resistance for the target power, and most of time, it fails to find it. It seems to cycle between just shy of enough resistance, to a fraction of the right resistance (it never seems to go over). Today all it needed to was a steady state 98 watts. It was all over the place. I was previously using Wahoo Systm without any problems.
After the issues with ramp test, I tried a few things, I did a calibration this time, and turned off the acceleration smoothing on the kickr. Neither seemed to help at all.
Very well could be another device trying to control the trainer. Make sure you don’t have the bluetooth and ant+ receiver paired to trainerroad.
Also, just having the trainerroad app running at the same time is enough to cause issues.
My girlfriend was using Trainerroad, I launched the app on my own computer to check my calendar and it started messing up her trainer.
Yup, even the lack of sending a specific power value is at odds with an app that is trying to set a resistance value. You get this tog-of-war or yo-yo thing between the two app’s values. Once you feel it and confirm that’s the problem, it’s easy to identify that is what’s happening. The challenge sometimes is finding that other rogue app/device to kill it.
Yup, I know. I’m fairly sure it was my laptop. I had been talking to the Kickr from the laptop. I turned Bluetooth off on the laptop now, and I plan to do a short test in the morning to see everything is good again.