ERG ramp test values too low

try shifting, the flux indeed has a narrow power bandwidth.

see also ERG ramp test values too low

2 Likes

You won’t get above 440W on a Flux S on 34/19 unless your cadence is extremely high. Shift.

1 Like

Have you tried it in resistance mode. Also your trainer might not be the best. I have a KK trainer and sometimes it feels too easy, Other times it tightens up and I`m doing over unders and suddenly Im in zone 7 and pedalling squares. Put it into resistance mode and it felt a bit harder than it should ,but probably more realistic.It would be worth consulting TR about this. Much more likely to be a software/hardware issue than you. If you are experienced you should know your RPE for Sweetspot etc. Erg mode is weird! Just woner how accurate it is, or can you “cheat” by spinning it up?

No, there is no “cheating” in ERG mode. IMO, it can offer a more challenging workout than Resistance in some ways, but that is very subjective and others feel quite the opposite.

Thanks Chad, I think my trainer may be the problem. It doesnt do it every time, but this time I changed it to resistance mode and I think I was having to concentrate harder to keep the watts under control. When erg mode works well on my trainer I must admit, its nice to pedal and the watts are bang on target

1 Like