Elite Direto Thru Axle Compatibility

I’m confused as to what I need to do to make my Direto 142x12 thru axle compatible. I didn’t keep the box of adapters that came with my trainer.

I found a link to the spare parts that I need, but it literally doesn’t give an option to use a US shipping address.

https://www.shopelite-it.com/en/spare-parts-hometrainers-and-rollers/accessories/adapters-bag-for-direct-drive-hometrainers

Also, what does this do? Do I need it?

https://www.elite-it.com/en/products/home-trainers/trainers-accessories/thru-axle-adapter

Hi,
I have the direto. I use it with my gravel bike. A Canyon Grail, this bike has thru axle. All I needed to add was the first piece on the left from the first link. I don’t think you need the part in the second link. H

2 Likes
  • It is an adapter for other trainers, that you don’t need, once you get the replacement for the parts you discarded.

I am only finding non-US sellers for the main axle adapter kit you need. You may have to contact Elite directly, to see if they can point you in a direction of someone who can sell you the parts.

1 Like

Contact Todson Importers in Boston…they are the US distributor for Elite. Should be able to get you squared away. I had better luck calling them vs. e-mail when I had a warranty issue on my Direto. They were super-helpful.

Tel: 800-213-4561 ext.1
Email: info@todson.com

2 Likes

I think Elite uses the same parts for a lot (all?) their trainers here. To “convert” my Elite trainer all I needed was insert a small nut that goes into the non-drive side.

1 Like

Yeah, I need that specific part.

From the first picture you need the adapter on the far left and the one in the middle - i’ll post a pic of the parts and sheet that comes in the same bag when i do my session in a few mins :slight_smile:

There you go.

1 Like

Yeah, I was gonna say he would need an adapter on both sides of the trainer, not just the left. Good catch.

That’s right, I forgot about the other one.

Just wanted to say thanks. I finally got it (although I received the wrong parts multiple times, but I can’t complain since they offered it free!)

1 Like