Elite Direto and TrainerRoad calibration

I’m having issues after the calibration. The resistance became harder and now there’s a 25-30 watt difference with my crank power meter. H

Did the calibration value change after calibration?

Just pick one as your primary source of power, and stick with that. Probably your crank PM assuming you use that outside?

I avoid problems like this by having only one source of power :rofl:

It didnt. After the first one I did it a couple other times and I get the same 6360. The offset value (located at the bottom of the trainer) is 6364. So nothing seems abnormal in that aspect.

Yes, I’ll do this. However, since my crank pm is a Left only, I always assumed the Elite Direto was more accurate. I agree with you that consistency in the data is more important.

1 Like

So i did the calibration using the Elite app. After a few challenges with the software I managed to get it to work and it came out with a value only 2 points off the one on my sticker so I figure that is ok and I am good to just continue as is.

Thanks for all the helpful tips everyone. You’re more helpful than Elite! :joy:

1 Like

Just as a side note here.

The belt on my Direto started fracturing after about 6 months of use. I ordered the replacement belt and pulley wheel from Elite, changed it and calibrated it myself using Elites instructions, and have not had any issues since. I initially calibrated using the Elite app, achieved an appropriate offset value, and have since only done spin-down tests in the TR app. No problems. I suppose my power numbers could be off as I have no other power meter to test them against, but that was true of the trainer as it was new AFAIK

1 Like

Different metrics for me as I am in mm but that worked for me (2096 down to 2070). Before I changed it my Elite Suito never calibrated but now it does every time :+1:

Strangely TR tells me its spin down calibration is not compatible with the Direto so I have to use the Elite app. I wonder why it works for you?