Eliminate rest week

Hi, I’m in the specialty phase, and I had to put two races on the calendar that coincide with the third and last week of the specialty phase. It would be correct to eliminate the rest week in order to lower the intensity in the penultimate and last week. It is Low Volume and one race is 160 kms and the other two two stages of 150 kms in a row. Thank you

I would personally not eliminate the rest week, by nature it is not going to add much stress at all and should actually help you by keeping you active during that week. You might look at doing a shorter version of some of the workouts or skipping one directly before the race but since it is a rest week you should be fine to keep it in there imo.

1 Like

I think I did not explain myself well, I had to change my calendar, and the end of the training no longer coincides with a race, I had to change the race with which I had scheduled this first peak of the season, for two races in the two weeks prior to the scheduled programming. My idea is to eliminate the week of recovery, continue with the next intense week and lower intensity for the two weeks of races. Thank you

Ah makes sense, I think you are fine to do that. As long as you feel good adding an extra week of work should be fine. Just make sure not to dig a deep hole in the last work week so that you can still recover properly.

1 Like

In that case, you should be okay. Weeks 7+8 of the Specialty plans serve as a “taper” for your A race event.

1 Like