Early Access to iOS Beta: Updated TrainerRoad

I had an issue today on Matthas +4 where my power got stuck on 117w after the first warm-up interval

iphone X, wahoo kickr core. Tried pausing TR, changing from erg to standard and resistance, performed a calibration. but I did NOT reboot phone or TR app. (I needed to get my workout in so I re-installed release app).

worked with support, and suspected an app reload may have cleared it. Since I ran out of time messing with beta during my workout window, I didn’t finish matthas, however I reinstalled beta, and was able to ‘resume ride’ and the power scaled correctly.

in hindsight doing vo2 max 'intervals at 50% FTP would have been much more enjoyable… but I digress…

@Pete besides my comments above, I like the design of the new app a lot!

1 Like

Thanks @Nate_Pearson

1 Like

@Pete Sorry if this has been answered already. I haven’t read through the entire thread. Have the issues with assiomas been fixed?

@jgoodban Yep, you should be good to go!

Sweet, thanks!!

2 Likes

This is working as intended right now for the mobile app with only one year of training showing, but there have been some discussions about it. @Pete would have to answer what the plan is here, as I’m really not sure.

I don’t understand what you mean by your edit in regards to “the homepage” - could you please clarify?

Are you referring to the website? I believe the mobile site (Calendar, TSS Chart) was designed this way due to space and loading constraints, but the desktop site should display your full history.

If you are referencing the website and you have further questions, this may be better suited for a private message so that we don’t derail the thread.

Yes. This happens consistently for me too with an iPad Air. I’ve reported the bug.

1 Like

I am not sure whether this is a related issue or not, but I do see sometimes power drops by 20-30 W even though my cadence and force measured with my butt-o-meter stays the same. I do have single-sided power meter, but I don’t remember this occurring with the previous version of the app. On to occasions the connection dropped for a second and then went back up.

I wonder if this is related to the “twitchy power display” issue where the displayed power would update in rapid succession several times a second even though I am quite sure that my power meter only sends one data point per second.

1 Like

This distinction between desktop and mobile site is old-fashioned and leads to many problems. I primarily use TR (including the web page) on my iPad and the “desktop site” is not touch friendly. It assumes a difference between hover and click, which does not really exist on a touch-first interface. E. g. I cannot use the quick copy-and-paste feature, because of that.

Ditto for the desktop. It seems the site was designed by Windows users (no offense) who use most apps full screen. I like my browser windows small, so I would often get the mobile version on my Mac. Also with a less-than-ideal experience.

Anyway, this is not related to the iOS beta, but I thought I’d mention it anyway.

1 Like

Downloaded and tried out latest version. Took a long time to load. Then it repeatedly would not see any devices. When I opened the wahoo app to check it saw them all.

After a few minutes it finally connected.

Then mid ride, when switching to and back Spotify the progress lines became disjointed (I have reported this before in a prior version)

Also, I have come to really dislike the smaller workout text. I often take my glasses off as the workouts become more intense and in the old version I can still read the text clearly. Now, now so much.

Touch screen feel and precision still off. multiple intensity leaps with a single hit, hard to hit back arrows just right.

While I am sure there are things on the back end that will make this a better experiences as far as the GUI and overall user experience, while the app is different, I am not finding it better, and in some areas definitely worse. I am not talking about the bugs, but just the overall presentation. Disappointed that I am not seeing much in the way of added functionality (ability to FF or Rewind, better workout/ride search, outdoor workout integration, analytics in the app). I do like having cadence and seeing when the workout will complete, but they are incremental. But not a fan of the new look and feel.

TR is an important part of my fitness life and am a big supporter. Will be curious when all said and done how this updated release will be positioned and what the user benefits will be.

2 Likes

Downloaded version 2020.36.0

In calendar when using the “peek” at a previously completed workout, text in the “Associated with” box runs off the screen rather than wrapping in the box.

1 Like

As always, a huge thank you for all the feedback. Every single piece is valuable and I promise that we read each one and many discussions are taking place.

We have a lot of pieces in play with the new apps and the most important part for us is getting as many workouts completed on the new platform as we can with the whole gamut of devices. This is something we do internally, but we just can’t replicate all of the scenarios that all of you see and that’s a major reason for getting it out as early as possible to everyone. In short, we really appreciate everyone dealing with any headaches that the new app is causing because it really helps us find all the problems.

We’re tackling lots of the issues that have been reported, and are making our way through our issue lists and you should see things continued to be fixed. We’re hoping that this newest release should see a big increase in the performance in the app when sync is happening, and we’re still knocking out issues. I’ll try to keep the releases coming in a regular fashion, and I’ll keep everyone updated as we knock out bigger pieces.

In this version we have made the following fixes or improvements

•	Updated the Workout Cards
•	Fixed a problem when a spindown was cancelled too early
•	Fixed a problem where Sync priorities could become cancelled
•	Fixed Extend buttons being small on iOS 14
•	Fixed a problem that caused the incorrect Extend button to appear
•	Fixed a bug where scheduled workouts would appear incorrectly
•	Changed Date Picker to start on monday
•	Improved the performance of the app during Sync
2 Likes

This looks to be fixed! SB20 working great on Erg mode, will try Resistance later this week as well.

This is for iOS currently, it’s still in review in the Play Store for Android, but I will post there as soon as it’s approved.

1 Like

I have a recurring strength workout (5x5) on Tuesdays. When I tab into the activity in the calendar and mark it as complete, the green toggle immediately unchecks itself. When I go back to the calendar a copy of the workout has been created and marked as completed. If I go into the uncompleted (original) workout again and repeat, another copy will be created.

Thanks for the update.
Having worked for a Fruit company as a beta tester (I’ve been testing localizations of the operating system to be precise), the release feels far from ready to be honest. This is not a complaint, just my impression with some first-hand experience sprinkled in. It’s beta software, says so right on the tin.

1 Like

This is an odd one - I originally had Mills scheduled for today, but in the end I did it yesterday - but I have two entries for it yesterday, because the first time I tried my trainer wouldn’t connect (that was with the android beta). So my calendar correctly shows this:

But when I open up the iOS beta app this morning (the latest, 91926) it shows it like this:

So it only shows 1 workout for yesterday, and today’s entry (Wednesday) is squashed. The same still happens if I change to portrait.

The weekly time stats also differ from the website - for this week, the browser view of calendar says ‘HOURS 1:43 / 7:00’ but the iOS app says ‘HOURS 1:43 / 6:00’.

1 Like

All devices dropped out immediately after connecting Airpods Pros. Using iPhone 11 with latest iOS.

1 Like