Dry January 2020

starting Monday after I return from New Orleans for my bachelor party! going 667 days! Will be my longest streak ever (usually do 9 months for race season but curious what almost 2 years will feel like).

BEER ALL WEEKEND NOM NOM NOM

Brendan

4 Likes

Have fun! Do stupid things. Maybe just donā€™t mixā€¦:face_vomiting::grinning:

mixing everything. unless i canā€™t identify it :wink:

1 Like

I stopped drinking in October 2014, totally cold turkey. I tried a beer this past Thanksgiving (Shiner Boch, for those who are curious. Used to be my favorite), and it was awful. I drank maybe 2 ounces, set it aside, and ended up using it to make beer bread later.

Will try again Thanksgiving 2024, not expecting a different result. But Iā€™ll try

2 Likes

Why ingest it at all?

Because humans have enjoyed it for thousands of years? Because it is deeply embedded in our social fabric? Because it makes people feel happy? Because it is delicious?

That said, yeah I need to cut back

3 Likes

If I didnā€™t drink I may in fact disappear altogether. :beer: :wine_glass:

3 Likes

well duh, Shiner sucks

1 Like

Better start smoking cigarettes then, too.

4 Likes

Not for me, but Iā€™m in anyway.:+1:

1 Like

Except for JoeX itā€™s a sure way to lose weight. :joy:

2 Likes

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

6 years ago Iā€™d have disagreed with you. Now, Iā€™ll just say itā€™s not to my tastes

1 Like

dude you are funny

1 Like

There was a point in my life where my Shiner intake was measured in gallons

1 Like

Iā€™m in (with the exception of a few days mid-month when the in-laws are coming to townā€¦theyā€™re world-tour-level day drinkers)ā€¦Iā€™ll make up for it by staying dry in February as well. This is my 3rd (or 4th, canā€™t recall) year of doing dry January, itā€™s always a good reset after the holidays.

1 Like

Same. Jan 1 to (at least) Valentineā€™s day. I did labour day to my birthday (Oct 20) in the fall (47 days) and lost 10+ lbs and felt great.

1 Like

Iā€™m in. Only just joined this training session. Training for the Birmingham Velo 100.

1 Like

Alright, maybe Iā€™m crazyā€¦I went dry for all of 2019ā€¦not a drop! I made a commitment to refine my diet (always a work in progress), no booze, and focused structured trainingā€¦ over the last year, I lost 10 lbs of fat I didnā€™t really even know was there, and am stronger and faster than I have ever been. I have the best sleep of my life and am more motivated than ever. thatā€™s just my experience.

5 Likes

Day 4! :tada:

:champagne: Oh wait, not that.

Been dry since may 2019. Best decision ever for my health and performance.

3 Likes

Not to fear, Iā€™m drinking enough so you guys dont have to.

6 Likes