Does Garmin Connect Have a Daily Activity Limit?

Weird. That’s actually one of the more dependable things out there in the Garmin Connect universe for me. I don’t think I’ve ever seen it fail (exempting when Zwift as an app has outright failed of course…).

1 Like

That probably explains why no one else had experienced it and suggested a quick solution. The only thing i can think of is that it got confused with me completing routes and then ending the ride and immediately starting the next one back to back to back. Using fit file tools to change the time stamps of the files I downloaded from Zwift and manually uploaded to GC fixed it. Very odd that all the other apps took them just fine though.

Garmin are stricter about what they allow and don’t allow. It’s like invalid gpx that don’t match the schema, a lot of non Garmin systems just accept the files whilst Garmin chuck them out as failing schema validation

2 Likes

Had you started any the rides before it got a GPS fix. I have rides seem like they failed to upload. Only to see that they uploaded to 2029.

1 Like

It was all Neo straight to Zwift

1 Like

So I’m not the only one that has been back to the future.

2 Likes

Sharing for anyone else who reads this…

Not sure what I did wrong, but I tried this today with lousy results. Cafe stop, stop workout, put Garmin to sleep. Turn Garmin on, start ride…and 30 seconds in realize the connection to the powermeter has died. Stop. Reconnect power meter. Start riding. Realize the connection to my HRM is dead. Try to reconnect with no luck. Stop. Realize my Garmin has 2 hrm’s listed. Connect the other one. Start riding. Get .25 mile down the road and realize my Radar is not connected.

I’m not used to having to connect devices. They just “automagically” connect at the beginning of every ride, but not after this mid-ride stop. :man_facepalming:

Next time I’ll take the risk of it ending my ride and just stop the workout, but leave the Garmin on like usual.

Seems to be an old problem. This is one report but seen same reported for the different Edge units.

2 Likes

My (Forerunner) 735XT will lose connection to the PM, even on a stop to fix a puncture. But I suspect it’s the 4iiii going into sleep mode and not the watch.

1 Like