Do not use AirPods Pro 2 for ANC with fan/wind noise

Based in part on these comments I got the original on sale a week or two ago, and the noise cancellation for wind is terrific. But it didn’t seem to do anything for my drivetrain noise, and even seemed to weirdly accentuate it (although that might be partly because the wind noise disappeared). So I purchased the second generation and the wind noise cancellation seems the same to me, but the drivetrain cancellation is noticeably improved. I like the addition of the exterior volume control. Sound quality for music is notably improved with more bass punch and a more open soundstage. Worth the extra money in my opinion and I am returning the first generation buds.

3 Likes

I just got the AirPods Pro 2 just several days ago to replace my OG AirPods Pro and found the ANC to be substantially better. I have yet to use the new pair on the trainer but I sleep with several fans going so I noticed the ANC when I am was wearing them listening to podcasts/etc. Will report back if I notice any issues with the 2s when I use them on the trainer Monday. Other than that I have been very happy with the upgrade.

1 Like