Dimmer switch and fan

Has anyone found a dimmer smart switch that works with a lasco fan?

I rigged something up last year with an Arduino, PWM module, and slider switch, but it was kind of a mess. But no, I have not found anything off the shelf that I think would work well for me. Following this thread though in case somebody else has something.

I have found that I’m pretty happy with my fans on a smart switch. I usually turn it on 3-4min into the warmup and then full blast for the rest of the workout is what I would do anyways with a dimmer in most cases.

2 Likes

What Michael said…one / off using a remote “smart” outlet. Get a good sweat going, kick the fan on and continue.

3 Likes

I use two or three Lasko fans, depending on how warm things are in the garage. I have them each plugged into one of these outlets. Like the others say, I’ll start with everything off, or one of them on, and then add fans, as needed. It’s not a dimmer, and it’s not very smart, but having three fans is kind of like variable speeds on one, maybe?

2 Likes

Search “wifi smart outlet” and you’ll see some controllable outlets that plug into the wall on one side, and the fan plugs into the other side. Saw one recently at Lowes or Home Depot or Ikea or somewhere…

1 Like

Tested and works with my Lasko.

3 Likes

If you just want simple remote on/off, this remote works great (I have a Lasko btw). Its cheap and you can add modules to control more than one fan. I was going to get the router controller mentioned above but before I got around to buying one I ended up realizing I was fine just using the two fans I have with the remote. That gives me 3 fan settings remotely controlled - off, 1 fan and 2 fans. Some remote way to gradually ramp up the fan output in a cold basement is a really nice thing how ever you go about it!

2 Likes

I’ve used one of these as well, they do indeed work to vary the speed.

That being said, I find that I never need to reduce the speed.

1 Like

For what it is worth I ordered this one and it seems to work well

Legrand - Pass & Seymour HKRP20 Smart Switch Setup & Can Be Used Hub Works with Apple HomeKit, No Wiring Required, iOS only, White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FNW4SDK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_D10MFFAZB446S2S9BN2R?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1