Deals / Sales / Discounts for Cycling "Stuff" (2023)

Here in Canada, some (but seemingly not all) shops have dropped the price on the v1 Kickr bike to $3499 CAD (it’s been selling for $3999 since the v2 launched). (examples: Primeau Vélo, Brown’s.)

If you’re quick, United Sport in Edmonton is even selling their final one for $2999!

there have been a few other canadian retailers selling the kickr core at lower prices too (MEC, bicicletta, etc)

v5 is also on sale at bicicletta

Merlin Cycles (UK but I have used it before) have 11 speed mechanical groupsets in stock
and on sale…

1 Like

Lauf Anywhere is also 20% off. I think it is 1x11 Rival only, though, but still a great deal.

1 Like

Nice, it includes 30% off 105 di2, which puts the price closer to where it should be. Except: wires! It’s certainly not as appealing as an AXS upgrade.

Anyone with an GX / NX groupset doing miles on the Mtb and not liking having to pay $200 for a new Eagle cassette can now get a full 12sp SLX rear drivetrain for $130 too with their Shimano overstock.

Bring on the rest of the overstock sales!

Pactimo is doing their Winter “Clothes-Out” sale.

1 Like

Big specialized sale. Most notable are Status and Stumpy Evos. One important note is 2023 MSRP for those bikes went down!

I have kept my Kurt Kinetic as a backup and it also serves to hold my bike up.

3 Likes

Stages SB20 and a year of Zwift for $1399.

16 Likes

:open_mouth:

That is sort of amazing, wow.

1 Like

When it gets to sub-$1K, I’m buying. :wink:

2 Likes

Considering that Zwift is $180 USD, this at $1220 effective is almost shocking. Less expensive than the Kickr V6. Not sure I would want this as I’ve seen some issues, but the pricing sure seems into that “we’re in trouble” territory if I was reading tea leaves.

5 Likes

100%.

All these guys need to survey the environment and realize that the landscape is bleak. The company that “wins” is the one that gobbles up whatever market opportunity they can now. Stop with the little price drops and bleeding the inventory down. Every sale that goes to a competitor just prolongs their pain.

Find a the price that is gonna move all the inventory quickly and blast that new price everywhere. Take the hit all at once and move on. You are then over the hump and the pain is left to your competitors.

3 Likes

That was my first thought. That price is very low. I wonder how much it costs to build those things. And they’re selling for $1399

I agree. The pricing discounts are not aligning with the doom that is forecasted. If people dont move on stock now, they are going to be sitting on it in 6 months.

2 Likes

Here I am looking 10 months back and thinking I got a screaming deal on my Kickr bike for $2500. If only I knew.

3 Likes

Too bad none of these screaming deals seem to be coming to road bikes. MTB seem to be on sale a lot right now but haven’t seen much on road.

2 Likes

My original thoughts on these bikes were that I already have a trainer and trainer bike, so it’s a big expense at $2k-$3k. But even seller now at low prices, a used trainer and trainer bike + saving $180 on Zwift, it’d really only be a $500 cost to upgrade to this setup.

Very tempting indeed.

Free shipping too? Jeez I wish I didnt look into this thread.

3 Likes

That likely relates to the extended purchase planning that was done during the pandemic boom. “Road is dead” to a large degree and was not close to a leading segment in those times. As such, there is less excess around those models vs the stuff that was really moving out the door and now showing the “catchup-excess” sales starting to show…

2 Likes