Deals / Sales / Discounts for Cycling "Stuff" (2023)

Seems like a deal to take zwift racing up a notch

Steering on Zwift is dead (never really got started in fact). Just trying to save people some money.

1 Like

Steering is not avail in most races. It’s accessible in open free rides and maybe a few group rides.

So as mentioned, it’s mainly dead until Zwift changes course (#sry4dapun :wink: )

2 Likes

Definitely high prices, but if you get with an affiliated team you can offset it a good bit. My running club gets 15% off and $80 store credit each year which more the usatf dues.

I’m growing tired of the common trend of gouging unsuspecting consumers with high prices and rewarding those who know codes or have special hookups.

16 Likes

While I generally agree, I’ve found it easy to find promos and credits (via strava challenges and podcasts) for the Feed and they consistently give good “freebies” in the form of custom purist bottles.

You’re right of course that transparent, low pricing would be preferable but if the prices are similar I’d rather buy from them than Amazon. At least they support a lot of athletes via sponsorship vs pissing more cash into Bezo’s coffers.

6 Likes

Hey, I used the porta potty in front of his house when it was under construction in DC before bike rides :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: not many bathroom spots near Mitchell Park

3 Likes

The Prosecution rests, your Honor. :crazy_face:

While we all need WB’s, encouraging people to buy more stuff to get more plastic they probably don’t really need isn’t something I can support. “Oh, I need to spend $X more and I get a free WB…even though I have a whole cabinet of them”

But those aren’t the only two options available.

I’ll be transparent and admit that I occasionally buy stuff from The Feed when my quarterly “sponsorship” of $15 comes in…I can get a box of gels that I normally would not buy at a reasonable price then.

My point was not directed solely towards The Feed, but the rising trend of similar business practices.

2 Likes

25% off on lots of stuff!!

4 Likes

General retail has been doing this forever though. Look at your local grocery store. They list a gallon of milk for $4, but if you have their app you can get it for $3 and if you’re a “club member” it’s $2.75. They’re making enough margin on the $2.75 price but what really lines the pockets is the people who just pay full sticker price because of whatever reason.

Why would you price something at $30 when there are people willing to pay $40?

My wife and I run a gymnastics center, and we often get people asking for discounts for various things (teachers, veterans, first-responders) and what we tell them is that we keep our prices lower for everyone rather than offering a host of different discounts. And we do, we charge less than most other gyms around us. It might be bad business, but it keeps things simpler on our end and if they go look around, our price is lower than our main competitor’s discounted price (and our product is better). But that’s something we value… our investors are the two of us, so as long as we’re happy… TheFeed and most big retail has to please investors, hence their pricing strategy is better for profits at our expense.

/threadjack

9 Likes

If you guys really want to stick it to our corporate nutrition overlords, you’ll just start fueling with table sugar as is highlighted in this thread. $4 lasts me about a month riding 15hrs a week or so.

9 Likes

Honestly, I prefer this over the “reward new customers, punish returning/repeat customers” model that many companies have.

Also, Canyon is having a huge sale on (edit: mtb) bikes. Canyon Lux CF Trail with full SLX and Fox Performance for $2500, anyone?

6 Likes

Lots of deals on Quarq products…

I have an itch to upgrade my Ultegra R8000 crank/4iiii left side PM for a Quarq DFour. :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

2 Likes

dfour is awesome, i think its a great upgrade and wouldnt question making the move

2 Likes

You’re not helping (my bank account balance, that is) :rofl::rofl:

My hold up is I’d still have a 4iiii single side PM on my gravel bike (my primary trainer bike). Might still be worth it. :thinking::thinking::thinking:

2 Likes

Just my opinion, but regardless of whether you use Zwift or not, the Sterzo is a fantastic wheel block. Unlike other wheel blocks that can very easily get knocked out of position, the Sterzo is pretty heavy which makes it quite stable. Additionally it gives your bars a little bit of play so they feel a bit more natural. (A rocker plate for your handlebars?)

For anyone who is even slightly annoyed or dissatisfied with their current wheel block, 25 EU$ is a great price for one of these. (I paid $35 for the “dumb” one a while back.)

2 Likes

I have to disagree here…I have noted before that you need to have some pretty dialed in cable tension / lengths in order to keep the front wheel centered.

While I admittedly was not paying that much attention to it when I built my trainer bike (dedicated old alloy frame w/ 9 spd), the end result is that I have a slight drift to the right with my Sterzo.

And I always felt like it was kinda “loose” for hard, out-of-the-saddle efforts regardless…prefer to have the front wheel more stable.

I agree! I purchased the non-smart one just because I didn’t like the feel of the bar being so locked into a position. I tried without a block for a while but the little movement of my tire was eating into rubber flooring I had done and leaving a small divot and little rubber crumbs. So I got the stereo primarily as a block with some motion and not as a steering device. Been happy with it so far.

Quick follow-up; my lifeline/rad cycling trainer desk is awesome! Highly recommend. I’ve done so much work this week while spinning… I don’t know why/how I didn’t have this before.

5 Likes

GIVEME5 = extra 5% discount on sites Top4Running and Top4Fitness . Works with other sales.
Loads of stuff cyclists can use, from sneakers, all kind of shirts, shorts, jackets and other apparel, headphones, sunglasses and other accessories, to fuel: Maurten, NeverSecond etc.

1 Like