Deals / Sales / Discounts for Cycling "Stuff" (2018-2022)

Thanks for that clarification. Again, I was just going with their stated support. Being risk averse to spending almost $1K USD and getting stuck in support limbo.

Good news for me, I’m happy with my H3, so no buyers remorse, even though I had incomplete info.

1 Like

Yeah, the Neo Bike is long gone. Down to just the trainers for a week or two. I’ve checked at least 2x per week to keep an eye on stock and discount level.

• True for the current Neo. I do think that more trainer motion is a potential direction, with Wahoo clearly taking a baby step in that direction with the V5 when they released it including the Axis feet.

• The regular Neo already as the side flex, so potentially including the new fore-aft motion on a pending design is a next step. For all we know, Tacx and Wahoo used these small steps as ways to try and evaluate the reception for pending model changes.

• The most likely group to take a bigger step will be Saris, considering their work on the MP1 platform and the related patent they got for it. That patent swings far and wide, to include direct trainer application as well as a full smart bike with motion.

1 Like

If you consider that inflation has been about 10% for 6 months now, and the prices have not gone up to match CPI, you have almost another 10% already caked in.

2 Likes

It will sure be interesting to see the actual price point for the next round of high and mid level trainers. I won’t be surprised to see them higher, just like we see bikes and related gear increasing.

1 Like

Wahoo KICKR on Zwift is finally sold out. Thank goodness for me (and my wallet). My Gen 2 is “kicking” along just fine, but just wanted something a bit quieter for others in the household.

1 Like

Posting as more of a request than anything…

I’m trying out some Cat 4 crit racing this summer and none of my jerseys are particularly aero and as I’m new to it I don’t want to spend mega £’s.

Can anyone recommend a decent, discount (or discounted) aero jersey or brand that they think I should check out (will be buying from the UK).

A lot of companies claim that their jerseys are “aero” but I get the impression that they say that for everything…

Castelli stuff tends to go on sale all the time. You might find some really good deals if you buy last years colors. Their Aero Race jerseys are nice tight fitting and definitely fit the “aero” category.

Looks like some sales at Merlin at the moment:

https://www.merlincycles.com/search?w=castelli+aero+race

1 Like

Le Col Aero jersey…complete a Strava challenge for a $^% discount code and combine with one of their frequent sales. You can get the jersey for ~$100.

Love mine…

ETA - the above Castelli recommendation is a great one, also. You can definitely find previous years colors on sale in multiple places.

Might be more than you want to spend but Rapha is having 20% off aero jerseys now. I wear pretty much all aero as I like the fit based on my build.

https://www.rapha.cc/us/en_US/shop/mens-pro-team-aero-jersey/product/PAJ09SSWVO

Pactimo has a UK webstore now https://www.pactimo.co.uk/

they have aero jerseys - I’ll DM you the May buddy pass that will get you 30% off

FasCat Mothers Day sale:

3 Likes

Stages 15% off SB20 and factory install, code MOM15

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Flux trainer use questions

OPE I realize I never posted my Handup Gloves discount code in here! They make great summer-lite mesh gloves that are super good for hot days, trail apparel, awesome all-temp wool socks, fun wild patterns but also chill/solid ones as well.
Code IVYAUDRAIN gets you 20% off. Enjoy!

15 Likes

Shoot! I just ordered two pairs a few days ago. They are one of the few remaining companies that make unpadded gloves and they seem to last a long time too. If you hate padding, I highly recommend them. I just wish they would make some plain black ones!

1 Like

This. Especially as it gets hotter and I need gloves for a solid grip riding gravel or off-road, its nice to have lighter gloves to help with that without unneeded padding that can almost hinder grip sometimes? They’re great!

Summer launch is coming soon so you can just place ANOTHER order with their fresh styles hahhahaa

1 Like

As said before, the freehubs are pretty standard shimano freehubs. So if you want to run 8spd but aren’t sure what to get, any bike shop should be able to help you get the appropriate spacer.

joke’s on you i used your discount code when i bought some handup gloves a few months ago!!!

got em

anyway yeah i really like the no padding and the crazy designs

2 Likes

How are the fascat plans? as far as I can tell they don’t suggest using the trainer for their ftp test which is interesting