Deals / Sales / Discounts for Cycling "Stuff" (2018-2022)

RE the SH-RX800 Wide.

The site was showing me $194.99, but I had a set in the cart from a few weeks ago at $181.99. I completed the order on the ones in the cart, but then after when I clicked on the shoes they showed up at $181.99 on the site. So could be a cookie issue.

Anyway, $181.99 is 30% off, and you earn some VIP points back too, probably making them around $170 (the VIP points can be applied to future orders).

Fingers crossed they fit! (or they’ll be going back).

1 Like

Thanks, sounds like it’s 50/50 with if I’ll need to send them back for a size smaller.

I ride a 47 in spec shoes, I cant tell if I need to size up or down on the RX800

I am a 44 or 44.5 in specialized. I tried the Shimano in 44 and I couldn’t even get the shoe on. I gave up when there was no 45 in stock forever.

For the smaller range, I wear 41 in every Specialized I’ve tried on and settled on a 42 for Shimano. But I think with thinner socks and cooler weather (less foot swelling) I could wear the Shimano 41.

https://www.excelsports.com/pro-team-digital-torque-wrench

best price i’ve seen on this digital torque wrench.

I have had one for a few months now and it’s great.

1 Like

Interesting. I’ve been using 43 Torch 3.0s, and this morning ordered a couple pairs of 42 wide Lakes to see if that works better for me. Torch are fine on the trainer, but I start getting hotfoot on longer rides outside.

As this is the deals thread, BTD had the best deals on Lake I could find.

Cycling Weekly maintains and updates a good list of vendors marking down their stuff this week in response to Amazon Prime days:

2 Likes

Just a quick note - it looks like SiS US pricing has increased significantly, theoretically in preparation for their annual TdF sale

30 pack of regular gels now starts at $65 USD
6 pack of beta fuel gels starts at $19 USD

Sort of the opposite of a deal - but something to keep in mind if/when they post ridiculous % sales later this month

6 Likes

Do you know what the price used to be?

With sales you could get regular gels for under $1, sometimes closer to 0.66 and beta fuel gels around $1.50 or $1.75

3 Likes

Every time I tell my wife I no longer need bike stuff, I check out this thread… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

10 Likes

Under a $1? Where? I’ve gotten some on sale close to $1.50 per gel but don’t think I’ve ever gotten ones under a $1 per gel

This is an order from May and February (respectively)

First one is $1/gel

Second one is 150 gels (including 60 caffeine) for 113.40

4 Likes

So they more than doubled the price ($30->$65) and then take off 20% and call it a sale. Brilliant!

The almighty % off to get you hooked. I use the gels but mostly use the beta fuel mix which I prefer even though it is $$$.

To be fair - $30 for 30 was not full retail - I never pay full price. I think it was something like $50ish but don’t know for certain

Was that just a sale they had going at the time?

Yup, it’s absolutely insane. I’m done with gels. I bought Maltodextrin and fructose in bulk. 50g of carbs is costing me 18c. That’s $7 in gels.

Yeah, they always have some sort of deal. Some of them are good, some aren’t. Just have to keep your eyes open

1 Like