Cycling/Tri documentary or movie recommendations

So, I binged a number of endurance movies / shows this weekend, all on Amazon Prime. Here’s my thoughts.

Iron Cowboy. Not bad, a little uneven. Not sure how I feel about the accomplishment; I didn’t find myself squarely on either side of the controversies.

Eat Race Win and All for One. I strongly preferred All for One, it was much more compelling & I really got into it. Eat Race Win was OK, I guess, it just felt to me like it was a foodie tour of France with a cycling tour as a backdrop. I wish it had displayed as much of the chef’s passion for cooking, for cycling.

Stop at Nothing: The Lance Armstrong Story. Felt like a rehash of the Lance parts of Tyler Hamilton’s book (which I really liked). Not much new here.

The Cannonball Ride. Short (37 minutes I think), quick bite. I didn’t feel I got to know any of the racers – I kept them straight by their bikes (a Cervelo, a Trek, a Canyon, a Cannondale…) Cinematography was nice though, great scenery shots.

The Barkley Marathons: The Race that Eats its Young. I had heard of this race when I lived in Tennessee, but didn’t really know what it was about. Greatly enjoyed this one.

Watched this yesterday: PEAK - An NTT Pro Cycling film - YouTube

Really good and hard not to get emotional at times.

NTT Team video,

1 Like

Watched this on one of my rides the other day and quite enjoyed it.

Pretty DIY with the filming but an interesting ride through Scotland.

I’m watching this one on Prime tonight.

Jumbo TdF documentary with English subtitles below - pretty interesting watch.

Found a cool series on the Cervelo Test Team from around 10 years ago. Some appearances from Ted King and Dan Lloyd.

If you go to the channel there’s 19 videos.

3 Likes

You can use whatever you want…
Amazon fire Tv stick is a media streaming device which lets you stream video, install apps, play music etc on your tv. Have you got a smart tv?

You don’t have to be a pro…
The installation is pretty simple, just follow these instructtions and you should be ready to go in no time.

Please let me know how it worked out for you.

2 Likes

No exactly a movie or documentary but the Classic Cycling YouTube channel is well worth a look. Grand Tour stages and one day Classics from over the years and is good background watching.

2 Likes

Just finished “All For One” and all I can say is: amazing. Wow. That is now one of my favorite cycling documentaries. I literally laughed out loud and cried. So many emotions.

2 Likes

Just saw that a 2nd season of “The Least Expected Day” has just dropped on Netflix, apparently following both men’s and women’s Movistar teams. How will I decide between watching the Giro and this???

I watched this many years ago and totally forgot about it. Was really well produced but it appeared to get little to no traction on the internet despite the try at it.

I only had this come back into my mind after watching a PLP interview with UltraRomance. I think he’s in this as a bit of a sandbag. Didn’t know at the time.

Breaking Away is a wonderful movie at #1 on your list
In my humble opinion I would have listed
Premium Rush at #2 (Watch here the latest Movies and Shows )

Just Watched “All For One”, this was one of my favorite cycling films I’ve seen yet, great watch. Got me through Spruce Knob +3 :slight_smile:
It’s free on AMazon Prime, says it’s free with ads but there were no ads so that was a nice bonus

1 Like

Not really a documentary/movie more of an interview. I watched/ listened to this tonight and found it quite interesting at times.

1 Like

The Man with the Halo is real good.

Peter Attia has a lot of good podcasts.

Lance looks old. He’s only a couple of yes older than me, but I don’t think I look that aged :rofl:

1 Like

For all his faults, and lord knows they are many and legendary, he is still an engaging individual. It is one of the reasons people bought his denials for so long and still continue to defend him today.

It is also why you can never know if he is actually telling the truth.

1 Like

Agree that he can be. He was that way when he first started The Move podcasts. But as they have gone on, he has started (reverted?) to be more obnoxious, and less insightful and engaging.

This past year, I listened only to The Move podcasts with Johan Bruyneel. That guy really knows his stuff.

I’m looking forward to listening to the Peter Attia podcast. I’d bet he behaves a little better when it’s not his own show with his entourage.

2 Likes