Cycling in Alcudia, Mallorca - Transfer

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but my quick search did not yield anything.

I’ll be traveling to Alcudia in April. It’ll be me, my fiancée, daughter (3 years old) and mother in law. Me and my fiancée will either bring our own bikes or rent bikes there. Ideally we would like to bring our own bikes. Transfers from the airport (Palma) to the hotel looks like bit of a mess tho - anyone here got experience with transfers on Mallorca while bringing bike cases?

Thanks

+34 620 922 737
Juan, taxi driver has taken me and others including arranging buses for big groups from Palma to pollenca. He lives in alcudia. Worth a shout. Very reliable, and about 80/90 euro for a one way trip.

We usually hire bikes, so this is a ‘20 quid a head’ in this format obviously.

I would rent bikes directly in Alcudia. There are tons of rental shops and the market is competitive.
Plus: Overtaking with a rental bike just feels good.

I rented twice with Hürzeler Bikes. Condition of bikes is good, they just work. The only thing I don’t like about rentals is that the tires/tubes just feels slower when you have a faster setup on your own bike.

Takes a lot of the stress away :slight_smile:

1 Like

I tend to fly the bike and hire a car. Much less risk

Surprisingly not usually much in it cost wise if hiring for more than a couple of days and gives more flexibility.

1 Like

We hire both bikes and rental car. The car cost us 142 euros for a week in late March. The bikes each cost a bit more than the car, about 300 euros for both. Both super easy. Worth it for peace of mind and freedom to explore routes further south and east.