Cycling dynamics with Assioma Duos, TR, and iOS?

Hey all, I’m new to TR and could use some advice. I have Assioma Duos paired to TR on an iPad via Bluetooth and can’t seem to get any cycling dynamics (left/rate balance) data. Am I missing something? I get reliable total power data. I have the pedals set to transmit via a unified left channel. Any input would be much appreciated.

Cycling Dynamics is not supported in TrainerRoad. You need to use a separate recording and analysis method if you want to access that data.

1 Like

Simple enough thanks. Too bad, though not critical for my purposes.

Does anyone know if TR records L/R power data from Assioma Duo pedals? Using my Garmin there’s a ton of data recorded but when going through TR it all seems to be missing.

Thanks in advance.

No, TR doesn’t record L/R power. It only records a single - ideally total - power number

1 Like

This probably needs a bit of nuance.

The Assioma Duo’s will send the combined L+R data, i.e., you aren’t getting just one leg. This is assuming you are paired with Ant. If you are paired with Bluetooth, then it will only send one side unless you go into the app and choose the option to combine L+R for Bluetooth pairing.

1 Like

I’m using duo’s with TR and have a l/r imbalance of 46/54. How do I know if TR is connected to my pedals via BT or ANT? I assumed it would only connect via BT?

And if I am indeed paired with BT does that mean that my pedals are underreporting my output to TR?

Looking into your ride logs now to confirm. :+1:

Thanks Ivy. You’re the best! I just switched from using wahoo to Assioma’s as power source. I have a new outdoor ftp and wanted to make sure the correct resistance is reflected in my workouts. Xoxo

1 Like

No problem! Thanks for your patience, wanted to check out the hardware you’re working with to confirm as well.

While you’re using an iPad for workouts, you’re paired via Bluetooth, which we confirmed by your ride logs. Important to note that iPads don’t have native ANT+ connectivity, so you would need an ANT+ dongle (which, ANT+ dongles for IOS devices other than Mac are hard to come by these days), so you’ll keep pairing via BLE with your current setup.

That said, pairing Favero Assioma Duo Pedals over ANT+ will send a combined Left and Right Power reading to be recorded, but pairing Favero Assioma Duo Pedals over Bluetooth will double the Left Power reading.

Hope that clears it up for you! Let me know if you have further questions.

1 Like