Cycling Dynamics for Favero Assioma's?

It’s on more devices now. Re: Development costs. Risky response, today especially.

Rouvy gave the same response when I asked them about L/R balance on screen.

It’s the old chicken, egg, or price rises problem. Which comes first? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Man, that’s super disappointing. Even if it means still collecting the info and allowing it to be exported out to another program like GC. Instead, you have to win the lucky-dip “which version do you use” prize that I find all too common with TR.

3 Likes

And not all of them, not 520 for example but it is on the 520 plus. Search for the DC Rainmaker update.

Look forward to seeing GC to release new version with CD data collection not through Garmin head units. That is the only way I may see my CD analysis charts on my Win PC.

1 Like

Does it require the Garmin head units for working with TR, or does the TR app collect the cycling Dynamics data itself direct from the pedals? If so where is the data displayed for analysis post workout?

We can connect and display Garmin Cycling Dynamics live mid-TrainerRoad workout, but we do not record/collect this data for review post-workout. To get the recorded data, you will want to pair with your Garmin Head Unit in addition to TrainerRoad.

Thanks Bryce, but I have the Assiomas and a Wahoo head unit. Is it still possible to view the Cycling Dynamics mid workout with this setup?

This makes no sense to me. You just updated the PC/Mac apps and you didn’t include cycling dynamics? Why not? It would have been the perfect time. And why not record it? Even on iOS? You are already recording power and everything else. CD is virtually no extra data.

2 Likes

The Assiomas will pair with the iOS TrainerRoad Application via ANT+, allowing you to see the Cycling Dynamics mid-workout :+1:.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but we don’t have any plans to include Cycling Dynamics moving forward. :disappointed: Developing support for CD would take a lot of development resources that we can’t divert from work on our current roadmap

One major problem with increasing our level of Cycling Dynamics support is that it would take a lot of legwork to build out the post-ride analysis sections to view and understand the data recorded. This has implications outside of just the apps; this would need to be integrated into the web side of things as well. Data analysis tools would need to be built to understand and utilize the data. All of these processes would need to be updated to make sure they work with all available CD devices on the market.

It would be a very large-scale project if we wanted to fully and properly integrate Cycling Dynamics into TrainerRoad and, as a company, we feel our Development Resources could be better spent on some very important projects in our pipeline.

Sorry for the inconvenience. The good news is, you should continue to be able to record CD on your Garmin head unit in parallel with TrainerRoad, so if that info is important to you, you can still record it and use it in your training.

The bad news is more about the poor product management decision to fork the feature set across devices, confusing the TR user base. You shouldn’t have bothered at all.

‘Bizarre’ is the decision to only support this feature on iOS given that manufacturers don’t seem interested in updating ANT+ hardware for the latest iOS devices.

2 Likes

I just signed up for TR thinking CD was available. Really disappointed to see the conclusion of this thread. Guess I’ll have to consider alternates.

1 Like

I’m interested that you feel so strongly about data that no has yet shown to be actionable in terms of improving performance. Or that you could obtain through just turning on your head unit.

3 Likes

Coach Chad always says if you can collect the data then you should, even if you don’t use it.

It would be awesome if TrainerRoad could collect the cycling dynamics data from my Garmin pedals and sync that data to Garmin Connect.

I used to always record my TR rides on my head unit and upload to Garmin Connect from there so that I am collecting all available data. Now I’ve stopped doing that and sync all my rides from TR to Garmin (and Strava) directly, it;s cool because I get to see the name of the workout but I lose so much data.

Would it be easy for TR to collect the data and pass it through? Even if TR doesn’t give a way to view the data on TR platform this would be really useful.

I know the jury is out in terms of benefits from cycling dynamics. For me it’s useful for a couple of things:

Variance in PCO (Platform Centre Offset) over the course of a ride shows can show how straight or not my knee is tracking. I like to keep an eye on this as I’ve had problems related to knee stability in the past

Right / left balance is useful for checking on bike fit as I have found that I get a greater variance if my saddle is too high.

Either way, it seems a bit daft not to collect the data if it’s available

@mcneese.chad @Bryce this isn’t quite the same request. I’m not looking to view or analyse the data in TR. Just want TR to capture it and pass it through.

I have sync to Strava and Garmin from TR turned on. This give TR some additional visibility in Strava due to all my TR rides showing with the neat screenshots and names. If I want to keep CD data I’ll need to turn off that sync, record on my head unit, upload to Garmin and let Garmin sync to strava.

TR loses out on the additional visibility and I lose out as I lose the workout names and laps from Garmin and Starva.

I realize that, but it’s closely related and we have very few of these requests. So grouping them is our preference.

1 Like

Is this still the current stance? No CD data from, say, Assiomas to TR to Garmin?

I can record on Garmin separately, and push to Strava - I suppose.

Correct, they have made no changes and still do not support CD in TR files.

Hello. I got the ant+ adapter on my iPad and paired it with my assiomas, unfortunately I’m still not seeing the cycling dynamics. It looks like a third page of data is supposed to pop up? Anyone know what the problem might be? Everything should be up to date

Hi there, the support team will be able to sort you out!
You can email them at support@trainerroad.com with your username and all the devices you’re working with, they’ll be happy to help!

Will do, thankyou Ivy

1 Like