COVID-19 Event Alternate, Worldwide Disaster 2020

No worries, have fun with the rollers!

I will be participating in the December 12 Disaster Day. I have it circled on my calendar!

1 Like

This sounds fun, if I can wake up in time I’ll join in.

1 Like

So is there now a big scheduled day for this?

More tempted than I should, but will have to see the family schedule to do it at that time. Have it in the calendar for that day though, as it suits my plan!

1 Like

Planning for the big December event is happening here:

I signed up for the 28th and all I can think now is that this was a bad decision :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Look all that turkey’s gotta go somewhere, it’s gonna be great. :turkey:

Going to play it by ear, but more likely the 28th will suit me better, as definitely still under lockdown, where as due out by the 12th December.

Have the minus versions of disaster disappeared, or was I just dropped from Team Disaster? I wasn’t really paying attention back in spring and summer when there was event talk to be honest!

We got Coach Chad to add the minus versions to the “official” TR workout catalog. So you will need to reference those new ones (because we deleted our former “custom” ones).

1 Like

Dowsett going all in for the 12th anyway :smiley:

2 Likes

Are we less than a month away from DD 2020?

1 Like

I think so.

@mcneese.chad Is there a Disaster 2020 thread yet?

1 Like

Maybe December 12 needs to be Dunderberg Day. 60 minutes at 95-99% of FTP to align with the hour record attempt.

I see there is a workout called Hour Record but I like the ring of Dunderberg Day.

I don’t think we have an “official” thread yet. (need to search)

We are looking at a loose, and more user driven event this season:

• Have individual “ride leaders” set up Group Workouts in the TR app and calendar.

• Organizers can choose their own workout from the Disaster options, or anything else in the catalog that looks interesting to them.

• Other riders can join as the time and workout fit their goals.

It is all a lot more loose this year, with a basic idea to fit the workouts in during a full week, like we did in the prior years. The Discord option would also be open for use, just like prior years. We are trying to keep this all as open and flexible as possible with consideration of the current state of things.

1 Like

Chad, is wwdd returning for a 2021 edition? Dec 11th ish?

3 Likes

Yeah, we have a member who expressed interest in spearheading the event this year.

He planned to wait until the end of the month to make the OP and get the bal rolling.

2 Likes

Was just starting to put together some details and will have time this weekend to start working on it/posting it!

Who is the new “kind” soul?!

1 Like

This Disaster thing sounds like a bad idea. I’m in!

3 Likes