COVID-19 Disaster Day?

For me it makes senso to reduce the number of the interval and maybe also their duration.

1 Like

Other suggestions of long but with some diversity of zones/intervals:

2 Likes

There are plenty of long TR exercices. 76 exercices over 2h30 but the endurance ones are too boring probably:

2 Likes

Recommend Rockhouse on 4/18 to coincide with when Sea Otter was going to occur. Also recommend doing something like DCRainMaker suggested in podcast 102 (as already cited above). Pick a date/time and let’s go!

1 Like

Cartago plus Rockhouse looks good a nice six hour session.

1 Like

Yes, but no.

2 Likes

Based on the recent full release of RGT Cycling Premium for free to any and all users, we may be trying to use this app for at least some the events we are considering. This may beat out Zwift just on the point that it is free.

I plan to test the premium features this weekend and see what we can do with them. Feel free to do your own testing and let us know what you think about the app and ways we can use it.

2 Likes

I’d still prefer Zwift. But could be persuaded to try RGT for this.

1 Like

I may be able to “double-dip” and run both apps at the same time to and essentially cover both bases.

I have to test my theory and how to sync it all.

Edit to add:
We may have something more “official” headed our way too…

1 Like

I did the Disaster Day in 2018, and even got a t-shirt. Missed 2019, but I’d be down to do whatever the group decides would work. I’ve been forced to close my gym so now I have more trainer time. (though I do also plan to hugely clean and paint the gym while there’s no members.)

2 Likes

We could make a:

- Disaster day/week:

- Rockhouse day/week:

- Cartago day/week:

- Cathedral day/week:

So we have:

• Disaster as VO2 Max;
  • Rockhouse as Anaerobic;
  • Cathedral and Cartago as Sweet Spot.
    Some of them look quite similar ranging different training zone to me but they are marked as different training zones. Are they correctly cataloged?

Doing this every other week we will have surpassed two months :slight_smile:

Another issue, Disaster on the workouts page is showed as VO2Max exercise while -1 version as Threshold. Also we have twice the -1 version and no – 2 version available as you can see in the image:

Is there a “Disaster - 5,000” version I can try? :wink:

The “Double Disasters” is a result of the original “Team” versions that we used. And now that Coach Chad added them to the official TR workout library, we have doubles. Other than the noted issues, they are identical in use, so it really doesn’t matter which you pick.

I will look into what is needed to remove the old Team ones.

2 Likes

Can you give us a review of what you think of the product? I read a recent article in Australia on it, with TR and Zwift Im not sure I want another product but if it beats out Zwift on “realism” Ill use it especially if we organise a TR group

At this point, I’ve only done a handful of rides (a few before the current version, and 2 on the current one), so I am far from sure about it overall. It seems to run fine on my PC and iPad. I even dump the iPad to TV for a larger screen. It seems on par with Zwift for basic riding. I like some of the camera views better, and the braking is an interesting difference.

Check out this video for a great comparison.

2 Likes

Pretty interesting if we get a TR event or race happening I will switch to RGT, I’m going to give Ventoux a crack just to say I’ve ridden it. I do like Zwift races once a week for race intensity, I even get nervous/stress waiting for the race to start. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Anyone want to hit one of the discussed workouts tomorrow (Sunday).

I’m in CEST - Warsaw, Poland - and am down for pretty much anything starting before 1600 my time (that’s 1000 EST/New York).

Done and dusted!

4 Likes

looks mental! was it as smooth as it looks? many users online?

I never got into RGT this weekend.

Zwift busted over 20k users at one time (21k today, I think). I read some potential issues with RGT, maybe pushing their infrastructure with the new opening.