Core/Strength Workouts to Do with a Broken Foot

If you happen to have a core/strength routine you can do without use of one of your feet, would you mind sharing it with me?

It sounds like I’ll be in a boot until late December and then still healing for another 6 weeks beyond that. I want to give my foot time to heal but think there’s no time like the present to focus on my core strength.

Look up John Collinson on instagram. He’s a professional skier who is always posting a ton of good core and body weight strength stuff. He’s also been injured for most of the past two years with knee surgeries so some of the stuff he posts might give you some good ideas of what you can do without one leg.

1 Like

I’ve had two ankle surgeries in the past 18 months, and during both recoveries I did lots of pull-ups and push-ups (elevating the bad leg as needed). It kept my core and some of my arm muscles strong while I couldn’t do much with the legs. I also put a flat pedal on the bike and did some easy spins on the trainer while wearing the boot. I healed quickly and thoroughly. I was strict about keeping it at or below recovery intensity.

2 Likes

When I broke my foot (the sprained ankle was actually the worst part, for me), I did a lot of push ups, rows, planks, and other such moves with my legs on the couch or other padded surface under my shins. kept the pressure off my ankle and foot.

1 Like

Russian twists
Cocoons
Bicycles
Crunches
Reverse plank

1 Like