CORE body temp sensor

Anyone else order one of these?

They’re shipping once the tour de france is over.

1 Like

I have one on order, but more from a professional curiousity side…we manufacture medical thermometers so I want to check this out.

I’m a little dubious as to their claims…extrapolating core temp from surface measurements has never been very accurate. We’ll see…

1 Like

I have one. I’m interested to review the data over longer / hotter rides indoors and out. The ConnectIQ data field is really handy for display/recording. Is the data useful though…? I really don’t know at this point.

1 Like

I’m interested in it not just for crazy hot days where my power is garbage and my HR is high, but also on extended climbs where I suffer, I think because at 7mph there is very little airflow. It will be interesting to see the numbers.

Shane how are you validating the accuracy? How you cross referencing against another thermometer?

I’m not. I draw the line with shoving things into dark places verify anything for this sport… or ingesting some kind of pill. I’m interested to see if there is any difference in core body temp observed and if that data can be used in a meaningful way. I have my doubts.

Maybe it’s technology that could be incorporated directly into HR straps in the future.

3 Likes

No sense of adventure. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks for the feedback…agreed that there is some question about actionable data from this.

2 Likes

yesterday before sleeping i seen this thread, i am very interest in this topic, is it possible to merge with this thread: