Can't Calibrate TruTrainer Smart Load -- No Speed

Hello!

I’m unable to calibrate my TruTrainer rollers in TrainerRoad – the speed gauge doesn’t work; no matter how fast I pedal, it doesn’t go above 0.1 mph.

When I connect the rollers to my head unit using FE+C, the speed shows up correctly.

I can still do workouts with TR, power and resistance control seem to work fine, calibration is the only issue.

Any advice?

Thanks!

• Eric

My advice would be to contact support and see if they can figure out what is going on. support@trainerroad.com

2 Likes

Other than the good recommendation to contact TR support, what do TruTrainer typically recommend or offer for calibration?

• You can calibrate with whatever they normally recommend and that data will be used when you load TR for any workouts. It’s not necessary to calibrate specifically with TR.
2 Likes

Thanks. I can do a spindown calibration with the TruTrainer app. It’s a bit of a pain, but not insurmountable, and what I’ve been doing so far. I thought maybe I’d encounter someone here who had experienced the same isse.

The TruTrainer people suggested that the data protocol for trainers had 2 different fields for speed, “virtual speed” and “actual speed”; the rollers apparently supply the actual, so maybe TR is only looking at virtual.

1 Like

Copy that. See what TR support has to say and go from there.

1 Like

@fix did you find a solution to the calibration through TR? I’m finding same issue.