Special guest and Cannondale Pro Amber Pierce joins the team for a discussion on how caffeine affects mid-ride nutrition, closing gaps in a race, balancing performance with the menstrual cycle and much more. Tune in live on YouTube this Thursday, September 12 at 8:00am Pacific to catch Episode 220 of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast!
Youtube Live Video:
Topics covered in this episode:
- Amber Pierce joins the podcast team for Episode 220!
- News and updates from Eurobike
- Why not upgrading your race category can be a good thing
- How much sunscreen should you use for long rides?
- How to focus your training during the race season
- Why plateaus in fitness happen, and how to move past them
- Can caffeine affect nutrient absorption from other foods?
- Should you use your sprint to close gaps in a race?
- How should women alter their training to better coincide with their menstrual cycle?