šŸŽ‰ Build & Sync Custom Workouts from Training Peaks & Final Surge šŸŽ‰

@bnied no worries. Iā€™m glad you were able to find the error so fast!

Serious question. How does one get that number so high? More hours and tss week after week?

I have been doing 10 hrs cycling and for 3 weeks and then 6 on recovery via Trad base for last 2+ months. Doing the 14 day trial of TP and my number as of now is 79, 67, -19 (going down with recovery week).

Yea itā€™s just a lot of training volume.
Running helps pad the number out a bit. For example my aerobic runs clock in at 80tss an hour where the Pettit ride for example comes in at 40 or 50tss.

I ride a century every weekend usually always around 300tss. Iā€™ve been at 900-1000 tss for the last 6 weeks or so.

Now this would have been impossible for me to handle last year. It just takes time to get there

Makes sense and the tss from running definitely helps. I think a 34 min run for me the other week was 65 tss.

Trying out TP trial to see if I care to sub. The TR calendar or even TP free version has been working fine for my needs but wanted to see if I was missing anything.

Awesome feature, maybe this is a stupid question but is there a way for my TrainerRoad plan to appear in Training Peaks.

All I need is the activity type, duration, and TSS?

Today I manually create them in Training Peaks. Iā€™m assuming this will create issues with the new feature? Will it bring duplicates into TR??

3 Likes

yes, that would be fine, so you havenā€™t the manual work in Trainings Peaks!

1 Like

Respect TR, this has been my the main reason Iā€™ve been using Zwift over TR for a long time, might reconsider

For me personally the big difference and the issue with the TrainerRoad workout creator is it is built in Adobe Air.
I completely understand the whole technical debt of this product and how it is not a priority currently but I just can not install Adobe Air just for the one app.
That said the Training Peaks workout creator can be fiddly, especially on smaller screens. One platform I think that have nailed the creator side of things in Trainer Day. Very quick to create workouts and easy to export.

TrainerRoad, Iā€™m sure you are working on a creator update, use Trainer Day for a bit and mix in some of your next level goodness.

1 Like

Iā€™d honestly prefer it if I could just write a script to create workouts. It wouldnā€™t be much more than a few lines if you had a simple language for it. Think it would be much easier than all the clicking and drop down menus, and translate much easier from how we talk about workouts - eg today I did 4 blocks of 3 x 3 min at 120% with 2 min at 50% in between.

One function to take a time duration and a power target (in %ftp), and perhaps one for creating a ramp. Be able to loop over things, and youā€™re done.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t got the workout creator, tbh I canā€™t be bothered to work out if and how to install it on my linux system. Also TR has enough workouts, so havenā€™t really felt the need to make my own.

It was more a comment in general, I just find it easier to type something like power(120,3) for a 3min 120ftp block, than to create boxes with a gui. Itā€™d be nice if there was an option in the new workout creator TR are building to just type a few lines.

Should probably just find and erg file somewhere and have a look :joy:

Definitively a dual mode - I find it quicker to describe in text what I want, but a lot easier to visually check itā€™s correct!

A pseudo-language wouldnā€™t need much, it could basically be some sort of alias/shortcut definition for the approx three things youā€™d want to define.

:slight_smile: I am about to start working on a workout creator in Intervals.icu and my first step is to define a text language. Wont have loops but you can just cut and paste to dup intervals as required.

3 Likes

Great! Yes, I was thinking loops wouldnā€™t really be necessary, until I thought about defining blocks of 30/30s or soā€¦

You could probably make the loop an alias too; it would just copy-paste its body before saving.

Just use a yml schema.

Iā€™m probably way wrong with how Iā€™m describing this language :joy:

I imagine something like a button in the gui that makes a textbox pop up, where you can define your blocks simply by power and the duration to hold it there (power in ftp or absolute). Maybe also a way to define ramp ups and downs (ie, two power values and a duration). Whatever power you type, youā€™ll get a visual representation in blue blocks shown in the graph part. It would be easy to have a bit of text next to it that gives you running metrics like total duration, and if you give it an ftp value (not necessarily your own), TSS, IF, TiZ etc.

Yeah, I get what youā€™re saying, but it would be neat if this was somehow integrated in a workout creator, so that you could script your workout and instantely get a visual representation.

Great great news , bye bye trainer road creator ! ( :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

But please make my training peaks workout planned for indoor AND outdoor !!

thank you for all

Can I do the custom created workouts from training peaks outside through trainerroadā€¦i know I could use the training peaks outside workoutā€¦but traineroads is better

I want this to be editable by non-developers and very forgiving, YAML is too strict for that.

Ok. It is getting loops! Too verbose otherwise.

1 Like