Bug Reports for the new Desktop App

you’re completely right! sorry and thank you very much! :slight_smile:

my apologies TR team!

2 Likes

Second workout - two drops/freezes using BT closer, at the first recovery switched over to ant+ in same location and worked perfectly for the rest of the workout :white_check_mark::star::star::star::star::star:

Awesome TR Team!

https://www.trainerroad.com/career/getbrem/rides/56768426-palisade

1 Like

1st workout report

OVERALL: LOVE THE UPDATE so so good

bugs i noticed on mac running High Sierra 10.13.6 - i did McAdie +1

1. no countdown blips to intervals … beginning or end

2. no interval summary

otherwise awesome and hugely appreciated!

2 Likes

Template Info

• Platform: Windows 10
  • Version: 2019.16.0.32-Beta

• Devices: Kickr Gen 1, Quarq Riken

• Connection: ANT+

• Mode: ERG

On my ride yesterday - Log In to TrainerRoad - the pop interval pop-up never popped up. This ride was created yesterday using the Workout Creator on my Mac, starting from a blank “create custom ride”.

I’ve seen this same behavior - the post interval pop-up not reliably popping up in both the “production” app and the previous beta app for custom rides.

Was doing Xalibu+4 this morning, some weird things going on with power match. Can’t tell if it’s Beta related or not. Massive power overshoots and then not stabalizing quick enough causing issues. I tried different gearing 34x18 and 52x18, and different issues with both.

You can see in the first interval the 1st sprint overshoots by a lot and then doesn’t drop which causes the whole set to be harder than needed. Did it the same on set two which just made it too hard. Set 3 I changed gearing to the 52 and then it was undershooting the power target on the short 15s intervals.

With workouts like this when it is missing by this much it just makes them incredibly difficult to complete as specified.

https://www.trainerroad.com/career/rondal/rides/56805859-xalibu-4

We’ve had a few users point this one out - we have an existing issue created for it :+1: Thank you for your diligence!

Hey @swin2000,

Would you be able to post a screenshot as a reply to this thread of what you’re seeing on your end?

There is a specified minimum size of the app window where it won’t let you reduce any further, but you shouldn’t be seeing any major content within the app being cropped off due to it not being in full-screen mode.

Thank you for your feedback!

No apologies needed - we appreciate your feedback! :+1:

1 Like

Hi guys,
I know this has been a problem for people in the past…but the battery on my Stages PM drained by 25% in the one workout (Started at 75% and at the finished at 50%). I follow the protocol of completely shutting down the app on my Mac immediately after too. Happy to provide more info if needed.
MorganB

1 Like

update:

countdown bleeps are present in FULL screen mode but not minimal …

1 Like

We’ve got an issue in for this one! Thanks for the report. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This one’s a bit odd, because we just take the message that the PM sends us and display that (we’re not actually calculating how much juice you have left). I think it might be different from device to device, but I believe the Stages might not show actual percentage. It will show the % in quarterly buckets, so 100>75>50>25. It might be rounding your actual percentage, and when it hits a certain threshold it will just show the next lower bucket (e.g. you went from 63% to 62% so it showed a drop from 75% to 50%).

This is speculation, and I’m not 100% sure that’s accurate. But we can discuss what we want to do (or even can do) to make the battery percentage more accurate. Thanks for the report. :slight_smile:

Just to expand on this, I think the minimum resolution of our app is 1024x768. If you have the scaling set to larger text, the app may get cut off. We’ve seen this and we’re looking into any potential resolutions. At a certain point, I’m not sure we can scale our app to a lower resolution - there’s an open issue for our devs and design team to have a discussion on this.

This for me too.
Windows 10, when running minimised on a 20 inch monitor. My eyes are pretty decent, but it’s very difficult to read, especially when squinting through the sweat!

1 Like

:smile:Oh come on, be honest!

“sweat” aka :sob:

1 Like

For your first point I saw you mentioned that this was for minimal mode only, for which a fix is currently in for that! :slightly_smiling_face:

For your second point, could you elaborate a bit on what you mean by “no interval summary”? Is this also in minimal mode?

1. yup that . is correct

2. during the ‘hurt’ of the interval i didn’t notice that it was displayed in far right corner … so it does work! - my bad - however, might be better/easier if it appeared on top of workout bar like it used to in minimal mode.

either way - love it :slight_smile: !

1 Like
  • Platform: MacBook Pro 15" Early-2011, macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra
  • Version: 2019.16.0.30-Beta
  • Devices: Tacx Neo Smart, power2max
  • Connection: ANT+
  • Mode: ERG

In the Devices section, the manual calibration button of the power2max doesn’t seem to work, as it doesn’t return an offset value like the previous beta did. It remains on “Calibrating…”.

Ahh, gotcha! Thanks for the feedback and I’ll pass your suggestion along to the design team.

Glad to hear it! :grin:

Hi there! For calibration of power meters, once the calibration has successfully completed it will change from the “Calibrating” state and say “Calibrated” along with an offset value.

This is standard knowledge of course, but make sure your pedals are in the 6 o’clock and 12 o’clock position when calibrating. If you wouldn’t mind trying again when you get a chance and see if it goes through that would be helpful! :slightly_smiling_face:

If you find that you’re always stuck in “Calibrating” and never get it to successfully calibrate, let us know and we can look into it some more.