Bug Reports for the new Desktop App

Hi Brittany,

I’ve tried it several times, always with the same result. Will try again tonight.

1 Like

Hi Roland! Quick question for you. How does the power2max work for you on the current production apps? Are you able to calibrate it and get an offset value?

I ask because I did some research into that specific power meter, and per their website from their FAQ this is what they have to say:

Do I have to calibrate my power2max power meter myself?

power2max power meters are calibrated at the factory. A calibration by the user is then no longer necessary.

With all the previous TR app versions (including the previous beta), I was able to get an offset value before every session. This value could differ from day to day (a bit).

I don’t know if this manual offset is really necessary, but I guess it doesn’t hurt, either.

Gotcha! Thanks for the extra info. Follow up question! Do you have an older power2max power meter or a newer NG series one? The older ones can only pair via ANT+, but the newer ones can use either ANT+ or Bluetooth.

I’m curious if you have the newer one if it would be any different if you tried to pair via Bluetooth and calibrate. If you don’t, no worries! Just trying to collect as much information as possible. :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s an older one with just ANT+.

1 Like

Solved it. The power2max is recognized twice by the app, once as “power2max” and once as “Saxonar Power Meter”. After letting the app forget the “power2max”, it calibrated the remaining “Saxonar Power Meter” just fine.

Had another problem tonight, though. Several cadence spikes, although the ANT+ sensor is located directly under the bottom bracket, so it has a good signal from the PM and the Neo.

Happy to hear you figured it out! :grin: We were doing some in-house testing on our own power2max power meter and weren’t running into any issues so I’m glad you’re able to calibrate it.

That’s no good! I wanted to take a peek at your ride logs, but nothing has uploaded yet. If you wouldn’t mind restarting your app at some point so that they push, I can take a closer look at why those spikes may be happening.

Hello everyone! We have implemented some new fixes to the beta apps that are currently rebuilding. Expect to see a green update banner when the apps are done building, which should be in the next 40 minutes or so.

The new version numbers are as follows:
Windows - 2019.23.0.33
Mac - 2019.23.0.31

And the fixes:

• Added spacing to Descriptions/Goals of workouts
  • Fixed an issue where data in the tooltip wasn’t showing correctly if you had scrubbed through the workout at any point
  • Fixed an issue where interval/workout text sounds weren’t working in minimal mode @sandilandscycles
  • Made a change so that interval stats text size now scales appropriately @getbrem @GregH
  • Fixed an issue where Daylight Savings Time for certain time zones was preventing users from loading the app @MNGL
  • Fixed an issue that prevented you from pausing the Ramp Test during the countdown

Thanks for all of your feedback and reports so far. :slight_smile: Let me know if you have any questions!

5 Likes

Brittany, I just wanted to let you know that the Beta isn’t automatically pushing updates for me with the green update banner (it’s happened for the past couple of versions, so I’ve just made a habit of checking for an update myself). It’s not a big deal, but I figured I’d mention it in case anyone else runs into that same thing. I’m running the Mac Beta on OS X El Capitan.

Hi @kelseyh, I’ve passed along this report to the team to see if others have experienced this! Thank you for the heads up. :grin:

1 Like

The interval summary text in minimized mode is still very small - this doesn’t seem to have been fixed. By summary text, I’m referring to the summary that pops up on the left side of the display following each work interval, not the summary text that can always be displayed if desired on the right side.

1 Like

How about a screenshot? I just completed a session using the new desktop app and did not notice any specific text that was too small. Was there “sweat” in your eyes again :smile:?Seriously though, how far are you from the monitor?

I guess my head is about 150cm from the screen, I guess.
I’ll see if I can grab a screenshot on Thursday. Taking one after vo2max intervals today wasn’t something that I thought about!!

MacBook Pros, running OS X Mojave.

No green banner getting setup for my workout. However, after ending my workout an hour later, the green banner was awaiting me. Restarted the app and new version was listed as expected.

Perhaps the auto-update check does not run immediately upon startup :man_shrugging:

edit: I opened TR on Macbook Pro here at the office. No workout. It took ~30min before the green banner appeared. Restart and all good!

+1 - there is a slight latency in green banner appearing …

The smallest of problems! Took a couple of minutes most of which i expect was the download time. Looking forward to getting the beeps back :slight_smile:

Session should be visible now (Shortoff +1 from yesterday evening).

Small glitch for you guys;
Windows .032 release
If you hit spacebar to start the workout you have to wait until 5s countdown has finished before you can pause the workout from actually starting.

1 Like

see the bottom where the dock is activated.

New text size is soooo much better thank you TR. tried resistance mode today and worked perfectly too. :white_check_mark:

2 Likes