Blank Adaptation Removed upcoming ramp test

Did you use AI FTP D? If so that’s the intended behaviour, to replace the ramp with a VO2max wo. It was originally Goddard -4 was the default VO2max wo but TR have developed AT to adapt to a VO2max wo that more bespoke to you, in your case Gendarme +6

I did not use FTP D… I was looking forward to doing that on Monday but after accepting the latest pending adaptations, the ramp test was replaced with Gendarme. The carrots moves further out lol

2 Likes

Interesting :thinking:

Mine was replaced by a workout also. Are you on beta? Perhaps this is their moving to – when your ftp changes they notify you?-- don’t know.

1 Like

I wrote them. We’ll see what they say.

Sorry for any trouble caused by this issue, it’s most likely a side effect of a new feature of AI FTP Detection that removes a ramp test within 7 days of getting a new FTP from AI FTP Detection. We’re hustling to resolve this but in the meantime, if anything is amiss with your Plan or Adaptations, please check in with support@trainerroad.com and they’ll help sort you out.

9 Likes

As a quick update, I got a second rep to step in and happily restore my plan to the previous state. Great relief and time saver for me and is much appreciated after a bit of a stress mess along the way.

12 Likes

I declined the adaptation that would have replace next week’s ramp test with an outside endurance ride that was 2 levels lower than my current levels.

Glad to know it’s a bug and not TR just telling me “no way, sucker… your FTP ain’t going up this time”

1 Like

I have had three occasions where the rep ‘fixed’ mine plan too, and it got totally messed up. They couldn’t undo what they had done and the only option was to delete the plan and build a new one. The most annoying is that they do the ‘fix’ without asking first

1 Like
  • BINGO!!!

• I mentioned this and emphasized how bad it is from a user standpoint. The 2nd rep totally agrees and admitted that it was a clear mistake. He said that is one of the key learnings from the mess and will be addressed internally with support.

2 Likes

Fwiw, my last ftp estimation was March 7th - longer than 7 days

Ditto, my last ramp test was nearly 3 weeks ago and I took an actual test. My last FTPD was 5 weeks prior to that.

Same for me. Pending adaptations with no change visible, I accepted to get rid of the notification, and it replaced the next ramp test of the plan. I contacted support, I’ll post their answer. Probably the best fix is to replace manually the workout by a ramp test. My question is : will AI FTP detection work if it’s a manually added ramp test ?

I wrote support yesterday morning and haven’t heard back yet. The auto reply said they are experiencing high volume. My last FTP update was AI detected in mid March.

I think people manually adding the ftp test is how they triggered the AIFTPD whenever they wanted a reading. This is what I plan on doing Monday.

Just got the answer from the support. We can replace the workout by a Ramp test, and everything will be fine. A gentle bug in the end :wink:

1 Like

Looks like things have been straightened out behind the scenes - I was offered an adaptation this morning that replaced a Ramp Test by a VO2 max workout.

After seeing this thread I ignored it and now the adaptation is no longer offered.

2 Likes

Been using adaptive training for a while, but it just showed that I had adaptations pending, to which it replaced my upcoming ramp test to start my speciality plan with a workout instead? Is this normal? Anyone else experienced this?

Yes, same here. Happened after a VO2max workout (base phase). I don’t believe it’s supposed to to that.

Blank Adaptation Removed upcoming ramp test - TrainerRoad Software - TrainerRoad

Folk are reporting blank or VO2max workouts being swapped in pre AI FTP D in here^^^

1 Like