Black Friday / Cyber Monday 2020

might need to get one, just read the description:

The racing cyclist who demands the ability to get their aero disc wheels prepped in a quick, simple, one person, profanity-free effort.

:metal:

2 Likes

3 Likes

$200 for a floor pump? :rofl: I hope it has other uses too

2 Likes

Being a Silca product, simply looking pretty anywhere it lands is one ā€œfeatureā€ :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

The digital thing is cool, but good grief. My $40 pump has been going strong for 4? years, I pump before every ride for road and MTB and Iā€™ve used it on the scraeder valves on my car a bunch too. Some things I canā€™t justify cause I donā€™t get it I guess

My Silca pump is from 1982 and still going strong. I upgraded it with a Hiro style presta chuck. I actually bought the original Hirame version. Once you have this chuck youā€™ll never be able to go back to a regular push on presta chuck.

Impressive! Hope my ā€œcheapā€ Joe Blow can last that long (6 years and counting)
How much it cost when new?

I see they sell a very reasonable priced pumpā€¦

https://silca.cc/collections/floor-pumps/products/silca-custom-builder-program-richard-sachs

:scream:

I think it was $30 back in the day. It was not cheap back then.

2 Likes

Without going too deep into the woods, part of the benefit of a Silca pump is the accuracy and precision compared to many ā€˜budgetā€™ pumps. For individuals chasing marginal gains (or just really like accuracy) and wanting to know that when the gauge says you have 83.5 psi in the rear and 82 psi in the front, thatā€™s exactly what it is.

My beat up metal, leather and wood Silca pump has been going for decades and has seen many other plastic pumps with fancy names and features fail.

2 Likes

Iā€™m thinking of upgrading my pain cave a little bit. Anyone come across some good TV deals they recommend? Not sure on the best size. Also a movable TV stand and a sound bar if anyone has recommendations

1987 I think? First pump I bought as an adult. Refurbished 6 years ago with parts from https://nonstopciclismo.com/ an awesome Italian bike shop in Ventura CA that I wandered into while doing the spring break college tour with my then HS junior.

5 Likes

4 Likes

Right on!

I always think this when I see reviews of ā€œthe 10 best floor pumpsā€ā€¦ isnā€™t a pump a pump?

• Yup, just like a bike is a bike :wink:
15 Likes

I mean, Iā€™ve got some pocket knives that cost more than that pump, but they are actually better at cutting and made of stronger steels that hold edges longer and are just fun to fidget with. A pump just moves air, so Iā€™d rather just wait for my $40 one to break in a few years and buy another, personally

As an alternative solutionā€¦separate pressure gauges are small, easy to use, and cheap. I have a $20 one I take with me to cross races. Do a practice lap with one in my jersey pocket, with tires overinflated a bit, and stop and let a bit of pressure out via the release valve in 2-3psi increments to see what works best on the course.

I just bought a new TV for my basement. $599 at costco for a Sony 4K 65" smart TV. Couldnt be happier. TVs are super super cheap right now. I dont think you can really go wrong with anything right now.

I have a guy at work who installs home theaters on the side. According to him, OLED, which is the only major feature that $599 TV does not have, is only relevant at fairly extreme viewing angles. Soā€¦pretty much a non issue if itā€™s just you, a trainer, and a tv. Or, as in my caseā€¦90% of the time just me watching a movie solo after my wife/kid go to bed.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s not quite true. I have a 55ā€ LG OLED TV, and believe me, youā€™ve never seen contrast and true blacks like you can get on an OLED. Thatā€™s specifically relevant watching movies in low light and/or darker scenes.

9 Likes