Belgian Waffle Asheville 2020

I dont know whats correct. I just noticed it and thought I would bring it to the attention of those here who are also instrested in the event. There are different dates and locations all over their website and some who have paid to register have not received email notification of change. if anyone does receive notification or confirmation, perhaps they can chime in or confirm.

1 Like

Bring your mountain bikes, that place is a hoot.

1 Like

I reached out to them last night to ask but haven’t heard back. If anybody else gets an official word, please let us know!

My buddy said they told him it’s going to aug but didn’t tell him a date

I reached out to them and they said they were working on an announcement. They are most likely pushing the date out again.

1 Like

Does anyone know if they will have jerseys for sale?

The website does not list them.

Looks like the event is a go?!?
Hopefully work gives me the week off :grimacing:

Did the “change” the course? I could swear the website used to say 140 miles but now it’s 104? Or am I going mental?

Any updates on this? Course info?

TIA!

Nothing yet I think 1 month beforehand they send out the details. I’m ready to go!

I chatted with them on Facebook, they changed the course from 144 miles to 104 miles. Based on the description, the course won’t be revealed until Friday, the day before, but given their lack of communication on multiple date changes and course change I wouldn’t expect anything from the organizer at this point.

Yes, I was really excited about it but now I’m a bit unsure about the organizers. The communication so far has not been good.

I altered the previously posted route by taking the north section off and putting the start at Ride Kanuga. This could be a potential route close to the 104 miles posted.

2 Likes

Is this just your guess or do you have any info on it? Curious how accurate this would be. I think only about a third is supposed to be unpaved?

It is an absolute shot in the dark, based on the previous route posted by somebody and the fact, that the start was moved from Sierra Nevada to Ride Kanuga and the difference of 40 Miles is basically going to Sierra Nevada and back from Ride Kanuga.
I am local to the area and have ridden all of the potential route at some point.
This re-route would make sense to me, since the previous section north of Ride Kanuga had some sections which are great on a small scale, but not necessarily for a almost a 1000 riders during a day.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing the possible route!

How do these roads compare to Avery Creek in Pisgah? That’s the only gravel I’ve ridden in the area. Going to try and get down there in a few weeks to preview the area, thoughts on tires??

Thanks,

Yeah, i saw 100 miles and 50% gravel listed. And their pre race camp goes on some singletrack too, so maybe some dupost singletrack sectors?

Do you guys think these kinds of rides are worth $225?

I also don’t get the revealing the course on the Friday before. How are you supposed to choose bike/tires ahead of time?

I thought it was worth it and I’m regretting the decision with every month we get closer. For us amateurs that can’t bring three wheelsets with different tires to pick on the morning of the race, it will be tough. I heard Asheville is awesome though so I’ll just enjoy the place :slight_smile:

1 Like