Bcaa powder for cyclists

Hey guys just wonder which bcaa supplement best for cyclists?

To each to their own, but I think supplements are a waste of money. Better to spend that extra $$$ on as much organic food as possible, and focusing on getting a lot of quality sleep: high end mattress, strong running airconditioning during summers, meditation, etc. Also, having positive and supportive social times for oneā€™s general well being for work, life and training balance.

6 Likes

Any brand with a high Leucine content Iā€™d say. Thatā€™s the amino acid thatā€™s needed to kick of muscle protein synthesis. Personally, Iā€™m vegetarian, so I like to take a BCAA supplement as the foods I eat generally lack a full essential amino acid profile. If you are getting enough animal based protein, you should be getting all you need that way and probably donā€™t need a supplement.

2 Likes

Iā€™m going to give my two cents. Iā€™m going to preface this with a quick bio. I got into cycling after a ā€œcareerā€-ending (bodybuilding) injury to my lumbar region after doing a deadlift improperly. This being saidā€”supplementsā€” Iā€™ve tried them all. Want in on a little secret? They donā€™t work. Youā€™ll see names like ā€œproprietary blendā€, which is a cute terminology that states, ā€œwe donā€™t answer to the FDA, so we will put bs filler in this, and call it ā€˜proprietaryā€™ā€. The list of supplements that work:

1. Testosterone Enanthate
  2. Testosterone Siponate (generic form of the above mentioned)
  3. EPO
  4. Deca (this is a bs drug)
  5. Iā€™m being facetious

Point is: SAVE YOUR MONEY!!! Buy whole food. Iā€™ve spent thousandsā€¦yes, thousands of dollars on supplements that simply do not work. The supplement industry is a multi-million dollar industry built on a lie.

Supplements are cheap to make. They will buy a bottle for about .25. The pills used to make them are about .01 each. The labels are about .25-.75 each. Then theyā€™ll add some DHEA, and some extra filler for about $2.00 a bottle, and sell it to you for $50-$75. I wish someone explained this to me, but then again, I would have ignored them anyway

3 Likes